This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

A Fashion Design and Studio Art student at Georgia Southern, Lexus Lewis recently presented her designs at West Georgia University at the “Art of Fashion: Story to my Art” and successfully represented on behalf of the GSU FMAD program. Her designs prove to be elaborate, breathtaking, and phenomenal to say the least. Way to make GSU proud! 

Each designer has their own interpretation, meaning, or story of what “The Art of Fashion” is. My collection is called ” The Creative Process” which is 1.This is Awesome 2. This is Tricky 3. This is S***  4. I am S*** 5 This might be ok & 6. This is Awesome. That’s where I take my artwork whether a painting or sculpture and recreate it into a garment! The collection also has visuals and music done by Nile Rondon soundcloud.com/nilodile/mix-4-lex .You can watch it on my Facebook page “VMarie” and my Instagram @HervthePerv!! 

She explains her collection inspiration below:

This one is called “Voluptuous,” inspired by my painting made with over 1,000 pipe cleaners, and the under armor was constructed with wire. 

“This is my Canvas” This was my introduction garment. I am basically showing you what I can create from a “blank canvas.”

“Pastel Le Emousser” from my JusCuz series. It is made from Styrofoam.

Model: Denise Davis: IG:@_nise // “Oh You BOLD” also from my JusCuz series, made with styrofoam. 

Model: Keyanna Palmer IG:_kmtp // rocks the “Voluptuous” garment.

“The Cover Up”. To recreate the pour method on the top of the painting (seen right) I used over 250 balloons. As for the skirt, made with cotton fabric, I painted it using fabric paint and puffy paint for texture!

“Thru The Wire” was inspired by a wire laptop that I built Spring semester in my 3-D class that won Best in Show in the 2015 Form and Content Juried Exhibition.

“Zack & Weezy” took about 2 weeks working 12-14 hours a day, cutting out the puzzle pieces to create the two faces seen on the coat; if you look closely at the sleeves, there is a maze pattern all done with a zigzag stitch. 

Find me at: On Instagram @HervthePerv

Facebook @VMarie

Amelia Beckworth

Georgia Southern

My name is Amelia Beckworth. I am a Junior at Georgia Southern University studying Fashion Design, but I am much more than that and I am sure you are too. Typically, I’m the kind of person who’d imagine their life with a soundtrack and a reality TV show. I have a broad imagination, a short attention span, and a big heart. As I write, you may see I have an immense love for God, captivating art, and mind-blowing music while delighting in channeling that negative energy into improving the lack thereof. I have trust issues with people who don’t add salt to their food and say they don’t sing in the shower. Easily won over by Nutella or Twizzlers, I have a habit of being both swayed and opinionated. For the most part, I enjoy helping people relate to and inspire one another through the expression of writing.
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.