This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Do I Know You?

Want to meet new people? Here is Leah Birdsong.

Leah is a 21 year old Senior here at Georgia Southern University with a major in Psychology. She enjoys knowing the deeper parts of the brain and what events, memories, and choices shape a person’s entire personality. Leah believes that mental health is the most important health a person should have because without it you are lost in a strange world.

Leah is from Atlanta, Georgia and loves her city with a passion. She often says her city inspires her greatest hobby which is to paint freehandedly in her spare time. Leah is a self-taught amateur painter with great talent. Learning a few painting skills from miscellaneous sources she has improved her artistic abilities drastically in the course of a year. She states that her biggest fans are her parents because they support any and everything that she does.

Currently, Leah is focused on making her journey here a Georgia Southern a successful one despite everyday struggles of a typical full-time student on campus and an amateur painter who is trying to get her artwork noticed.  She enjoys campus life and says that she would not choose another school if she could. Leah is even currently debating if she would attend grad school here at Georgia Southern as well!

Leah is involved in multiple organizations on campus such as the University Programming Board, NAACP, and the Psychology Coalition. She enjoys spending time with her family and friends and considers herself an easygoing, laid back, and fun individual to be around. If you see her on campus don’t be afraid to say “Hey”. If you are also interested in her artwork do not hesitate to follow her Instagram page: @ leahpaints_

Nia Jean-Pierre

Georgia Southern

I am an Atlanta native and I am very social once you get to know me. I am an Early-Childhood Education major at Georgia Southern University with a concentration in teaching grades 3-5 with intent of impacting their lives in the most positive way possible. I am often referred to as "not your average girl", I love to shop, hang out with my friends, and get my nails done, however I can play NBA2k on PlayStation all day as well. I thoroughly enjoy weekends at home watching Netflix and relaxing. I am a formal personal blogger with hopes of sharing my personal thoughts with the entire HerCampus community. "A lot of people resist transition and therefore never allow themselves to enjoy who they are. Embrace the change, no matter what it is; once you do, you can learn about the new world you're in and take advantage of it." - Nikki Giovanni
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.