Campus Cutie: Kayla Benfatto ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Name: Kayla Benfatto

Age: 18

Hometown: Norwich, Connecticut

Graduation Date: May 2019

Major/Minor: Justice Studies/Minor in Military Science

Dream Job: FBI Agent

Relationship Status: Single

Zodiac Sign: Leo

Turn On: A nice smile and a good sense of humor!

Turn Off/Deal Breaker(s): Cockiness

What was your first impression about Georgia Southern University, and has it changed?

I love the campus! It’s so beautiful! I always thought it would be like one giant home with 20,000 children and that’s how I feel!

Tell us something not many people know about you.I am not stuck up! Everyone I meet always tells me I look like I’m this stuck up cute little girl;  I’m so friendly and extremely social so please don’t think I’m going to just be rude to you!

As a freshman, I know you are still finding your way, but have you joined any organizations yet? What are they?

I’m planning to be a part of the Black Student Alliance. I encourage everyone to join an organization; it’s like a big family and they are going to help you find yourself while being able to help others! BSA is an amazing organization to join!!

What’s the most embarrassing thing you have ever done, and how did you handle the situation?

I remember my freshman year of high school, a friend and I went to a football game at a rival’s school. When we got there I was dared to go on the side of the school and dump the trash cans out on their lawn. When I did dump them, just about 20 students started running towards me! But I was ok! I don’t think they ever figured out who I was!

What’s your favorite movie and why?

My favorite movie of all time I think is either The Sound Of Music or Grease! I love musicals!

What do you expect your freshman year to be like? Are you mentally prepared?

I’m expecting not to get involved with too much drama and to have a good time! People are going to hate on you no matter what so I will do as I please! I’m ready for this year!

Chelsea Davis

Georgia Southern

I am a junior majoring in Multimedia Journalism. My future goals are to attend The School of Law at Georgia State University, obtain a business administration law degree from there, and pursue my dreams of broadcasting/news reporting in the city of Atlanta. I enjoy watching movies, shopping, and trying new foods. I guess you could call me a typical girl. My hobbies consist of playing the piano for 15 years, playing the violin for eight years, modeling, and pageants. What can I say, I love being in the spotlight, but with my laid back personality you would never think that. I also have a passion for fashion and interior decorating. I absolutely love animals.
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.