Campus Celebrity: Caroline Chlarson ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Her Campus: Hey Caroline.

Caroline Chlarson: Hi Her Campus.

HC: What are you best known for here at Georgia Southern?

CC: Next to being an International Studies major, I am an aspiring model. I see it as a hobby and a passion more than an occupation. Some of the organizations I’m a part of here are the Anime Club and Pastry Project.

HC: What kind of experience do you have in modeling?

CC: I have previous experience with two other agencies. I’ve shot with a modeling agency called Propanic back when I lived in Port Angeles, WA. An Atlanta-based agency that I’ve worked with was Letterman Photography.

HC: Here’s a cliché question, but what first got you into modeling?

CC: Well like a lot of girls, I have always been self-conscious of my body. I was never one of those models whose parents had managed to get them into a low budget cereal commercial when they were three years old or something. Coming off of three years of bulimia, I started modeling in order to push myself to find confidence. It was the perfect decision.

HC: There are a lot of stereotypes when it comes to how models eat. Would you happen to have an input on that Cara?

CC: To each ‘her’ own. Everyone’s body works differently. A model’s daily consumption isn’t as complicated as many people think. I for one can eat just about everything I want as long as I incorporate a healthy lifestyle with my diet. There are people who could eat for days, not even exercise and still look fabulous while others who can eat a grape and look four months pregnant. The body is a beautiful thing. Models come in all shapes and sizes, and if you’re really passionate and true to what you love to do, then you’re beautiful just the way you are.  

HC: Next to modeling, what else do you like to do?

CC: I have a little werewolves addiction so I love watching classic werewolves films. My favorite one right now is Ginger Snaps. As someone who grew up in Port Angeles, I also love to surf.

HC: If you could work for any agency you wanted, which would you choose?

CC: Suicide Girls 

Journalism major. 22. Georgia Southern. 
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.