Beat Campus Heat like a Lady

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

When the humidity is up and you can’t seem to cool off running from class to class,you can survive the heat with these essentials and hacks.

1.     Stay Hydrated: Use anything to keep your drinks cool and insulated; or even better, keep one of these convenient Brita bottles in your bag and have fresh filtered water anywhere.

2.     Freeze: Freeze and refrigerate these Olay wipes or any cleansing wipes that you can throw into your purse in the morning to really clean off after a meltdown at the end of a hot day or a workout.

3.     Diva Spray: This is simply a frozen mini spray bottle of water to cool down with. You freeze it overnight and keep it around you during the day. Perfect for anyone who has hot cars, no AC, or classes across campus. Spray yourself on the wrists, the back of your neck, and places that will help you use evaporative cooling to lose body heat.

4.     Hand Sanitizer?: Yes, when you’re hours into the day and all that time outside has you sweating, I mean ‘sparkling,’ you need something that can kill the bacteria that causes the stink. So if you’re a hot mess and have no spare deodorant or perfume in your bag, find some of these handy Purell wipes. Let’s be honest, sometimes it’s better to smell like lemon fresh cleaner than uptown funk.

5.     Dryer Sheets: I know, it’s crazy, but you’ll thank me later. Try and keep dryer sheets in the car or your purse so you’ll be prepared to combat the stench that comes with living in the South. These sheets help you smell fresh, make your clothes look perfect and are great to have to prevent static come winter. 

Amelia Beckworth

Georgia Southern

My name is Amelia Beckworth. I am a Junior at Georgia Southern University studying Fashion Design, but I am much more than that and I am sure you are too. Typically, I’m the kind of person who’d imagine their life with a soundtrack and a reality TV show. I have a broad imagination, a short attention span, and a big heart. As I write, you may see I have an immense love for God, captivating art, and mind-blowing music while delighting in channeling that negative energy into improving the lack thereof. I have trust issues with people who don’t add salt to their food and say they don’t sing in the shower. Easily won over by Nutella or Twizzlers, I have a habit of being both swayed and opinionated. For the most part, I enjoy helping people relate to and inspire one another through the expression of writing.
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.