etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Author Spotlight: Reyna Biddy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Back in 2017, Reyna Biddy shocked the world when she was featured on Kehlani’s SweetSexySavage album. The audio track titled “Intro” features a spoken word poem by the beautifully spoken Biddy. I was already familiar with some of her work thanks to her large following on social media, but this self-Love poem propelled her into the mainstream universe. With everything that’s happening in the world right now, women like Reyna Biddy are so important. Her art reminds everyone of how important love is and how powerful we can all be when we put love first. Reading her poetry makes me feel like….. superwoman.

Reyna Biddy is a 22-year-old spoken word artist known for her positive affirmations and self-love guides she hides within her poetry. Reyna is also well known on Tumblr and Twitter, where she also shares some of her healing words. This LA native and has given credit in the past to her childhood as her source of inspiration, and this inspiration has spread like wildfire. “I’m sorry you missed the God in me”, this one quote of Reyna’s can be seen in bios all across Twitter.

It’s clear that Reyna’s goal is to get her readers to feel what she has felt and she does a beautiful job of it. I love her and the way she’s so open with feeling. She has inspired me to be more open and honest about my emotions and it’s definitely changed my life. Thank you Reyna!

Not only does Reyna have her spoken word available on to stream on Soundcloud, but she also has books available to purchase. Her first project  “I Love My Love”, featured a collection of her poetry that told the story of how she learned to love. This collection is extremely personal and inspirational, she gained thousands of fans after it’s release in early 2017. Her second collection is titled “A Psalm for Us”, is set to release February 2018. Her highly anticipated collection will explore and question faith and self-affirmation (I already have mine pre-ordered).

If you love poetry, I recommend you check her out on all her social media platforms. She’s a budding star and I cannot wait to see where she goes from here. Thank you again, Reyna Biddy for all your loving words.   

Current senior at the Georgia Southern University. I love music (mostly 90's), and I love movies (mostly horror). In my spare time, I like to pretend I know how to dance or I'll watch post production videos on youtube :)
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.