This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

This week we explore four pageant queens at Georgia Southern University who have built wonderful platforms for themselves with their passions to be involved and what advice they want to give to other young women about participating in a pageant. 

1. Sade’ Culliver

She is a junior apparel design major here at Georgia Southern University. She is this year’s Miss Collegiate 100. She is involved in Mend Your Mentality which is a group chat that discusses mental health and self-love. She has also hosted a panel about mental health and wants to have fashion related projects concerning mental health in the future. She is also a volunteer coordinator for the Senior Design Showcase Committee, mentor for Be-You-Tiful mentoring program, an RA for Freedom’s Landing and an honor’s student. She entered the Miss Collegiate 100 pageant, because she wanted to step out of her comfort zone and build confidence. She was able to build a bond with other contestants as a result. She advises women interested in entering a pageant to not be afraid, take risks and know that you belong on the stage just as much as anyone else.

2. Antoinette Williams

She is a junior pre-med psychology major here at Georgia Southern University. She was Miss Kappa Alpha Psi through which she enjoyed boding events the most. She is passionate about women’s equality. She is an RA, a Site Leader for Alternative Breaks, and involved with Southern Ambassadors, the University Programming Board and Be-You-Tiful mentoring program. She would be interested in having an informative meeting about women’s rights and voting. She advises women interested in entering a pageant to be themselves. 

3. Kristen Edwards

She is a senior public relations major and philosophy minor. She is this year’s Miss Purple Essence through which she watched herself and others grow. She is involved with H.E.A.R The Music. She is Treasurer of the Gamma Gamma Chapter of Phi Sigma Pi, a member of the University Programming Board, a member of Black Choral Association, a trip leader for the Office of Leadership and Community Engagement and a Mentor and Treasurer Advisory Board member for Be-You-Tiful mentoring group. She is currently planning something special on behalf of her platform that she hope will be embraced by the entire community. She was inspired to enter a pageant because her favorite movie growing up was “Miss Congeniality” and she attended several pageants when she came to college. She advises women interested in entering a pageant to be passionate about what they are doing. 4. Zayliah Bazel

She is a sophomore psychology major. She is this year’s Miss Black and Old Gold through which she gained beautiful friendships. She is a part of the Be-You-Tiful mentoring group, Habitat for Humanity, Confetti Foundation, and the University Programming Board. She was a part of Be-You-Tiful’s interest meeting, put together their mentee/mentor reveal, and was a part of their pajama potluck. She decided to enter a pageant because she wanted to put herself out there and meet new people. She advises women interested in entering a pageant to go for it, because pageantry makes you think big and be bold. 

Khiyah G

Georgia Southern '19

My name is Khiyah Griffin and I am currently a junior at Georgia Southern University majoring in Journalism.
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.