This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

So three weeks into school and it’s time to celebrate, right? Everything is set, except what are you going to wear? Do not let the panic sit in because we’ve got you covered. Here are all the best winter fashion trends that you can dress up or down!

From sweater dresses to thigh high boots, here’s some inspiration. Pick and choose to create a style that suits you. Not only are theses look cute and versatile, but also you won’t be freezing in the harsh winds of D.C. So go out and celebrate surviving another semester, you’re worth it.

*All photos are from Pinterest

You will notice that all the outfits have neutral colors, as these are the best shades to wear during this season. So if you stick to your black, whites, and greys, you will always looks chic and on point. Even just adding an accessory to a simple outfit spices it up, like chokers, layered necklaces, heels, and of course let’s not forget about hair and makeup. It is important to wear something you are comfortable however so skip the tight dresses and uncomfortable shoes if you know you will regret wearing them later on in the night.  

Related: 10 Winter Fashion Must-Haves

Most importantly, do not forget to dress for the occasion/ venue you are going to. For instance, like for a casual lounge, the more relaxed outfits work but going out to a club then perhaps the more dressed up looks suits the environment. Majority of the time, the outing is inside somewhere so do not forget that those places have heating so dressing cute is possible if you just wear a thick jacket for when you’re outside.

And voila, you have your outfit ready and inspiration for next time you go out too! ‘Tis the season to celebrate so go out there and enjoy yourself. And remember no matter what you wear, wear it with confidence because you look gorgeous no matter what!

Hello, Ayça here! I'm currently a senior at George Mason University as a finance major and economics minor. I love all things travel and adventure as I host my travel blog.I blog and manage social media for my own travel blog as well as other start up companies. Major coffee lover and all things chocolate.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com