This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

It’s finally Spring and as our winter blues hit the curb we get to hit the streets for the National Cherry Blossom Festival. This is your guide to the coolest events that will be happening in the next few weeks.

Blossom Kite Festival

The first event you’re going to want to check out is the Blossom Kite Festival on March 30th. During this event, hundreds of fellow blossom enthusiasts gather on the grounds of the Washington Monument to fly their favorite kites and paint the sky.

Cherry Blast

The Cherry Blast is an event for all of our 21+ friends. It’s held at the MGM National Harbor and will be headlined by CeeLo Green. The event will also showcase Japanese cultural performances and other fun entertainment.

Blossom Bash

Next up is the Blossom Bash, this event is on April 5 at The Anthem. MAX and Jake Miller will be the openers while Meghan Trainor headlines the event. The Anthem is also right on The Warf so there are plenty of other places to check out before and after the event!

21st Annual Cherry Blossom Freedom Walk

The 21st Annual Cherry Blossom Freedom Walk will take place on April 6th. The Freedom Walk helps us to remember and acknowledge Japanese Americans and World War II, as well as the defense of civil liberties for all Americans.

Petalpalooza

Petalpalooza is the ultimate way to get your spring started off on the right foot, this event takes place on April 6th down at The Warf. It will feature everything from street vendors and giveaways to live music performances and fireworks. It’s definitely one of the most popular events of the season and you’ll definitely want to be there!

Ten Mile Run And Five Mile Walk

For all of my fitness enthusiasts, this event will be right up your alley. On April 7th starting at 7:30 runners will do their best to finish first in pursuit of $80,000 in prize money.

Art Blooms at Mosaic District

On April 7th Strawberry Park will be in bloom with handmade crafts, interactive art installations and live music. Best of all? It’s free and open to the public.

National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade

The Cherry Blossom Festival Parade is one of DC’s biggest events of the year. On April 13th thousands will gather to be a part of the festivities. The parade will have musical performances, floats, balloons, celebrity guests, and of course lots and lots of flower power!

Festival Finale: Japanese Pianist Ichiro Nodaira

On April 25th, to finish off the celebrations, distinguished pianist Ichiro Nodaira will travel from Japan to the Kennedy Center to give a performance celebrating spring. The concert will include some of Mr. Ichiro’s original compositions as well as other songs of spring.

For a full list of events, you can check out nationalcherryblossomfestival.org.

Now that you’ve got all these awesome events to check out, go grab some of your fellow collegiettes and bloom baby, bloom!Via Giphy

Jordan Lear

George Mason University '22

Jordan is a senior at George Mason University. She's pursuing a degree in Communication with a concentration in Media Production and Criticism and a minor in Film and Media Studies. Jordan loves to hang out with her friends and try to make them laugh. She's pretty outgoing and will totally talk your ear off if you mention one of her many random obsessions.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com