This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

This was a complete impulse purchase. I was wandering around Lush when I saw their tooth care section, which I had no idea existed and immediately thought “this would make a great article!” So here we are.

What is tooth powder and what’s the difference between it and toothpaste? According to this study, the “plaque-removing efficacy of the tooth powder was higher whether it was used with brush or with finger.” Many of the ingredients are also natural and all others are considered “safe” synthetics. In addition, Lush does not test on animals and the product is vegan!

Related: #ITriedIt: GlamGlow Bubblesheet mask

One ingredient that it does not contain is fluoride. Many people have many different opinions on the pros and cons of fluoride but if you do deicide that is something you want to keep in your daily tooth care routine you can always find a mouthwash that includes it!

Using tooth powder is almost the same as using a paste; just wet your toothbrush and dip it into the powder. As you start to brush it will begin working up into a foam.

N thEeBkHO jhLoqHbWBluWhWEfokb8vZYbJK r9NaRHy8PLfYkRneGN w3xLDQG 8VxJoPVaRFd3sagmNGCz8OA9rUBRdPe2yUhJVyLTyXdUvX

Photo courtesy of Amanda Snead

I personally LOVE this product! After brushing with the powder for the first time my teeth felt like I had just left the dentist! The texture is definitely something that takes awhile to get used to but after a few uses I didn’t notice is at all. The taste is also odd; I’m used to brushing with a minty toothpaste so the strawberry flavor was a bit odd but I’ve grown to like it! I would 100% recommend this whether you’re not a fan of mint, you’re trying to create less waste or you just want to change up your routine! You can find it here for less than $10!

Amanda Snead

George Mason University '21

Amanda is a senior at George Mason where she is majoring in Communication with a concentration in journalism and minoring in women and gender studies. She currently serves as Her Campus George Mason's president and Campus Correspondent. She has previously served as the Editor in Cheif and Senior Editor. Additionally, she worked as a Branded Content Intern for Her Campus nationally as well as a Chapter Advisor. She spends her free time writing articles, perfecting her Animal Crossing island and hanging out with her pets.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com