This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

As someone who loves to follow beauty bloggers, I kept seeing magnetic face masks all over my social media feeds and became curious about what they are and how they work.

After doing a little research, I decided to order the e.l.f. Beauty Shield Magnetic Mask Kit because it wasn’t too expensive and I have sensitive skin. I’ve used e.l.f. products before and never had a problem. This particular kit includes a container of the magnetic face mask, a dual-sided magnetic tool and 20 magnet covers.

So how does it work? After washing and drying your face, use the scoop side of the magnet tool to apply the mask evenly over your face (as you can see in my selfie below, I avoided the area around my nose piercing so the magnet wouldn’t get stuck to it when I took the mask off) and leave it on for 5-10 minutes. Before removing the mask, put one of the magnet covers over the magnet in order for easy cleanup, the kit comes with 20 and I ended up using 3 to take the mask off. Then, slowly move the magnet over your face. The directions state that, for the best results, you should not rinse your face after use.

Related: I Tried It: Bubble Face Masks

So what exactly is the point of the mask? According to the package, this mask is “formulated to replenish your skin and help protect against everyday environmental aggressors”. The mask is powered with carrot seed oil, sunflower seed oil, vitamin C, vitamin E and argan oil and is formulated without any parabens, sulfates, phthalates or alcohol.

Immediately after I took off the mask, I noticed that my face felt a lot smoother! The next day my skin looked less oily and my makeup went on smoothly. I also noticed over the next few days that I was getting fewer breakouts, which is definitely a plus!

Related: A Short Guide To Korean Beauty

So would I recommend this product? Absolutely! As someone with extremely sensitive combination skin that is acne prone it can often be hard for me to find products that work well but this one blew me away! If you’re interested in trying out this product, you can find it here!

Amanda Snead

George Mason University '21

Amanda is a senior at George Mason where she is majoring in Communication with a concentration in journalism and minoring in women and gender studies. She currently serves as Her Campus George Mason's president and Campus Correspondent. She has previously served as the Editor in Cheif and Senior Editor. Additionally, she worked as a Branded Content Intern for Her Campus nationally as well as a Chapter Advisor. She spends her free time writing articles, perfecting her Animal Crossing island and hanging out with her pets.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com