This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Via Giphy

Another semester has started and here we all are: trying to get our crap together, stick to our New Year’s resolutions and gear up for graduation in May. What you may have forgotten, however, is that Spring Break is right around the corner. Only two months away and you have no plans! Blasphemy! It’s not too late to start planning, though.Let’s kick it into high gear and help you have your best spring break yet.

1. Decide where you want to go- and how you will get there

Via Giphy

When I think spring break, I personally think of somewhere nice and warm, preferably with a beach. When deciding where you want to go this spring break, talk to your squad about their priorities and go from there. Another important factor in this decision is how will you get there. Flying can be expensive but super convenient, while piling all your friends in the car for a road trip can lighten the load on your wallet and give you some awesome bonding time! Just make sure your GPS is fully charged. If you’re still at a loss for what beach you want to be chilling on this March, check out the Her Campus trip to Cuba! It’s all-inclusive, except for the flight and visa. The entire itinerary is already planned out for you!

2. Where will you stay?

Via Giphy

If you’re going on this trip with a big group of friends, usually the best and cheapest option for lodging is to split a house on Airbnb. This way, people can sleep in different beds, couches, on the floor, wherever, but there will be room for everyone. Another plus to renting a house is that you have a whole kitchen that you can make meals in, instead of going out for food and spending all your souvenir money on meals.

Related: Five Early Signs of Senioritis

3. Food, drinks, and activities

Via Giphy

Dig through Pinterest and Instagram. Ask everyone you know about the must-dos and great places to eat or drink where you’re going. Make a plan in advance with every restaurant and bar you want to hit, and then budget accordingly and STICK TO IT. Again, this is where having a kitchen and loading up on snacks comes in handy because you won’t be eating out a bunch. When you go out, make sure your group sticks together and looks out for one another. We’re here to have fun and stay safe during the best spring break of our lives.

In the end, don’t stress yourself out about the little details. Stick to your travel budget, take a deep breath, laugh with your friends and have the best spring break ever!

Alexis Whitted

George Mason University '18

Alexis is a senior communication major at George Mason University currently interning at NBC News and a strong advocate for living a plant-based lifestyle. She can often be found in the gym working on her fitness or dreaming of her next getaway on Google Flights.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com