This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

I may be biased, but fall is the best season out of them all. The weather is not too hot and not too cold, it’s just right! Not to mention everything seems to get cozier, tastier, and more scenic. That is why fall is the best time to be outdoors and enjoy everything the season has to offer before the frigid airs of winter hits us. While there are a never-ending amount of fall bucket list activities to check off, here are five that made the cut as being the best five fall activities to do with your friend group:

1.Have A Photoshoot

With the weather and leaves changing soon, there’s no better time than fall to get all dressed up with your besties for a photoshoot. After all, who knows your angles better than them? Time to pull out your favorite booties and of course, sweaters!Via Giphy

2. Go To An Orchard For Apple Picking

Apple picking is the perfect casual fall activity to do with your besties. Being in the outdoors with the cool, crisp air blowing through your hair while hanging with your friends is guaranteed to provide a laid-back hang out for the whole group. There are plenty of local orchards near Mason that only require a 30-minute drive or so depending on the area.

Via Giphy

Related: Celebrate Fall with some Fabulous Recipes

3. Movie Marathon

This activity is the perfect activity for if the group feels like having a stay at home day and want to kick it in their pajamas for the day. The lists of possible movies go on forever, ranging from the classic hallmark movies (that I can’t get enough of) or the best horror movies that we all know and love.Via Giphy

4. Go To Cox Farms

Cox Farms is the epitome of fall. I mean, as soon as you walk in you are greeted by a pumpkin patch, corn stalks, and Halloween festive music. It truly doesn’t get better than that. But if you need more convincing, then they hand out free apple cider (too good to be real in my opinion) and have so many awesome things you can do there. Unlike popular belief, Cox Farms has things for all ages. Like their awesome super high up slide, corn maze that you guaranteed to get lost in, and a ton of tasty food. Tickets range depending on the day of the week and the time of month you choose to go.

Via Giphy

5. Have a baking session 

Baking is a ton of fun no matter how good or bad at it you may possibly be. It’s a lot of fun to turn on everyone’s favorite spooky songs and have a jam fest while baking up all types of fall themed foods. A fun twist to this activity is to have test tasters as judges and make a competition out of the session and see who in the friend group is the #Bestbaker.

Via Giphy

The fall season just brings along a sense of calmness and inspiration to take things slowly and appreciate the world around you. No matter how you choose to spend your fall, as long as you spend it with your friends and make the most of it then you can’t possibly go wrong. 

Mckenzie Herndon

George Mason University '21

McKenzie is a sophomore at George Mason University and is planning on graduating with a degree in English with a concentration in literature. She loves the outdoors, her fur babies, and fueling her caffeine addiction. When she's not reading/writing in her spare time, she likes watching tv and hanging out with friends.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com