This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

I don’t know about you, but I think fall is the perfect time to go on a first date. It’s the perfect mix: not too hot and not too cold. It’s just right and sets the mood. Grab your crush and hit the town for these cute (but not too basic) fall date ideas.

1. Pumpkin Picking

Via Pinterest

Pumpkin picking is just a step up from apple picking because the best part about picking pumpkins is that you can carve them (maybe for a second date). Pumpkin patches also make for the perfect Insta photoshoot background!

2. Passing out Candy

Passing out candy on Halloween surprisingly has a lot of upsides to it. It gives you and your date the opportunity to get to know each other, or just Netflix and chill with a spooky flick. Even if you don’t get a lot of visitors, you two still get a chance to eat candy- yes, please!

3. Fall Festivals

Via WordPress

Fall festivals are all over the place and what I personally love about them is that they provide a variety of fun activities perfect for any date! Another great thing about them is that they tend to be public events, with lots of people around if your relationship is fairly new, and you’re nervous about being alone.

4. Picnics

Via Pinterest

Picnics aren’t just for the summer, they can be the perfect cozy date option on a crisp fall day. Get some wine, blankets and some of your fave fall staple foods and go to a park with your boo. Maybe start a little fire, because it is going to get chilly, and don’t forget about the stargazing!

I hope this bring some spice, (preferably pumpkin) to your new love life.

Abby Idisi

Hampton U

George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com