freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

As the weather gets colder it might be harder to think of cute date ideas to go on with your significant other or even some friend dates. It’s my goal to give you guys a few ideas of things that you can do during these colder months. Perfect for when you need to destress during finals week or just want something fun to do in your free time. 

1. Baking Date 

Via Giphy 

If you’re not fond of the cold outside, think about spending an evening in with your loved one and making something tasty together. While you’ve got the sweets in the oven, maybe put on a cheesy holiday movie and sip on some hot cocoa. It would also make for some really cute Instagram content!

2. Ice Skating 

Via Giphy

Now if you are okay to weather the cold, you might want to try ice skating! If you’re local there’s actually a skating arena in Fairfax you can go to. Fairfax Ice Arena is open seven days a week and pretty reasonably priced for anyone on a college kid’s budget. Plus if your significant other still likes you after watching you flop around on the ice you know it has to be real.

3. Christmas Light Tour

Via Giphy

Another fun option could be a Christmas light tour. Some people go all out for the holidays and the decorating they do is a show in itself. Before you head out, make some hot cocoa and turn up the Christmas tunes and make it a fun driving tour!

4. Bull Run Festival of Lights 

Via Giphy

If you’re really in the mood for Christmas lights but don’t want to bother searching for your own tour, you can always go to the Festival of Lights in Bull Run Regional Park. The festival goes from Thanksgiving until just after New Years Day. After you make it through the lights you can go into their little holiday village and have refreshments as well as take pictures with Santa!

5. Christmas Market 

Via Giphy

Finally, if you want to have some fun but also want to get some holiday shopping done the Downtown Holiday Market is an excellent option. The market is open until December 23rd and has plenty of artisan vendors so that you can shop small for this holiday season. It’s also right in the heart of downtown D.C. so there’s plenty to do around when you’re done shopping!

Now that you have all these ideas, suggest them to your significant other or even to some fellow collegiettes and get out into that winter wonderland!

Via Giphy

Jordan Lear

George Mason University '22

Jordan is a senior at George Mason University. She's pursuing a degree in Communication with a concentration in Media Production and Criticism and a minor in Film and Media Studies. Jordan loves to hang out with her friends and try to make them laugh. She's pretty outgoing and will totally talk your ear off if you mention one of her many random obsessions.