Why Taco Bell Is The Greatest Thing To Ever Happen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

If you’re a believer, this will tug at your heartstrings. If you’re not a believer, then welcome to the wonderful world of sour cream guns and cinnamon twists. Thank you for being our valiant knights in taco armor, Taco Bell. We salute you! Here is why Taco Bell is the greatest thing to happen ever:

1. They have their own Mountain Dew flavor. If you’re just getting a Pepsi when you eat that burrito, you’re doing it wrong. Mountain Dew exclusively sells a flavor of Dew to Taco Bell. Let me say it again. They’re so special that they get their own drink. Did I mention it was freaking delicious? What’s worse than no Chick-fil-a on Sunday? No Baja Blast at your local Bell.

2. They made it into a slushee. You heard me.

3. They’ve had some of the greatest advertisements/catch phrases. For those who remember the late 1990’s, the Taco Bell Chihuahua was the greatest thing to happen at the time. Thanks to Gidget the Chihuahua, the first Spanish I learned was, “Yo quiero Taco Bell.” Then there was the age of the “good-to-go” guy.  Now relatable commercials are in, like the kid who gets caught in his girlfriend’s house, or when we girlfriends steal all of our boyfriend’s yummy junk food.

4. Have you SEEN its Twitter account?! We all wonder who the visionary sitting behind that screen is. He or she has truly set the gold standard for corporate/customer interaction. Take a look:

5. They don’t stop trying to make everything they have portable. That’s the true American way. Oh, do you want Doritos with your meal? Cool, we’ll just make it a taco shell. Are tacos too messy? Great, here’s a Crunchwrap Supreme, so nothing falls out. Did you just say nachos couldn’t be eaten with one hand? WE JUST PUT NACHOS IN A TORTILLA. DEAL WITH IT.

6. They are the fourthmeal kings. How did they know I love food so much that 3 meals aren’t enough? Is this America? I think so! Does America settle, or does our country capitalize on go big or go home? That’s what I thought.

7. It’s just an overall sassy place. The sauce packets, the witty banter on their advertisements…I imagine a corporate office full of bros, burritos and heroes. They should pull a Willy Wonka, and let people tour their golden headquarters!

8. The. Waffle. Taco. Need I say more? As if Taco Bell hadn’t heard our cries enough, they’ve come to save the day once again. It’s all social media has been talking about since the news broke, but now the week of the breakfast menu has arrived. I highly doubt I’ll be able to get in line to wait 2 hours the first 2 weeks or so, but I’d recommend trying. Just look at what motivation can do. Look at it.

Photos courtesy of:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130202004328/mountaindew/images/…

Bri Perry

George Mason University

Since moving to DC a lot has changed for me. I love bringing people to new places and having a great time in the city.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com