Career > Work

Why Adidas’ ‘Impossible Is Nothing’ Campaign Is so Powerful

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

As graduation quickly approaches, the hunt for jobs and internships has been nonstop for me. During my time, I stumbled across many applications for the brand known for its three stripes, Adidas. Adidas has collaborated with some of pop culture’s most well-known athletes and entertainers, including the insanely talented Pharrell Williams, Kanye West, Candace Parker, and the legendary Queen Bey, better known as Beyoncé Knowles Carter — to name a few. Adidas holds such a creative medium, and I highly suggest researching the brand if you consider yourself a creative. If you need more proof, I suggest looking at each drop Beyonce created with Adidas for Ivy Park.

👯‍♀️ Related: BEYONCE’S IVY PARK & ADIDAS COLLECTION

While gaining more information on the brand, I stumbled across their most recent campaign titled, “Nothing Is Impossible.” Designer, founder, and CEO of Parley for the Oceans Cyrill Gutsch, basketball players Candace Parker and Trae Young, and soccer player Lionel Messi are the faces of this campaign. In all caps and bold font, the Nothing Is Impossible campaign states, “WE ARE REBELLIOUS OPTIMISTS DRIVEN BY ACTION TO SHAPE A BETTER FUTURE TOGETHER. WE SEE THE WORLD WITH POSSIBILITIES WHERE OTHERS ONLY SEE THE IMPOSSIBLE.”

This campaign is truly inspiring. We have thoughts of the impossible, but the possibilities are endless. You have to acknowledge your accomplishments, no matter how big or small they are. Anything you accomplish must have been done with ambition and dedication. There is nothing small about that. This is similar to how everyone is quoting how only five percent of the ocean has been discovered. There is so much to explore in this life.

👯‍♀️ Related: BEYONCÉ AND ADIDAS TEAM UP TO RELAUNCH IVY PARK ATHLEISURE BRAND

I think back to a substitute teacher asking my first-grade class if we all wanted to go to college. Unaware of what the hell college was at the time, I raised my hand, seeing the rest of the class raise their hands. I had absolutely no thoughts about what college was or how I would get there. I like to think that’s quite understandable for a six-year-old brain. I now stand as a first-generation college student about to graduate from George Mason University. I’m sure first-grade me would think I’m kind of cool and smile at my current reality that I had no thoughts about. Dream big collegiettes, take risks because you just might land in a space that you thought you would never be in. 

Remember, impossible is nothing. So allow what you think is impossible to fuel you and keep going for what you desire. 

Jalyn Green

George Mason University '22

Jalyn Green is a senior at George Mason University currently studying Communication with a minor in Film. She is a Philly native who enjoys spending time with friends, family, and dogs. She is also very passionate about music and fashion and hopes to become a creative director in the future.