This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

The Grammys are a night for celebrating music and artists, but what also comes with this celebratory night is the high-fashion, exciting looks worn by our already admired idols. Hosted in Las Vegas, Nevada, this year, the Grammys were especially anticipated for their red carpet comeback after last year’s COVID-19 online presentation. High fashion in the desert may sound like a nightmare, but here’s a list of the artists that rose to the occasion.

1. doja cat

Miss Doja definitely began the red carpet with a bang as one of the first to arrive. Her custom Versace dress was coined as an “ice princess” with light blue gems covering the fitted corset dress. Styled with a chic, 90s hair updo, Doja definitely conveyed that her fashion influence was a blast from the past. The celeb then later wore another custom Versace pink dress, with similar notes, when she won her Grammy for Best Pop Duo with SZA, showcasing that her looks weren’t the only thing she will be remembered for at the 2022 Grammys.

2. bts

To no surprise, BTS once again showed up and showed out for the red carpet. Like their other award show fashion direction, the boys wore a varied color palette and coordinated accents of different suits and accessories. The boys know the secret of any good look: less is more. With seven in the group, it’s easy to overcomplicate the group’s look by adding too much variety, but their fashion stylist, Youngjin Kim, always delivers the best combination for the group as a unit. This one definitely didn’t disappoint.

3. Paris Hilton

Next, the new Mrs. Reum wore a sleek, caped gown by Atelier Zuhra. The dress, much to Paris’ unique style, sported all the glitz and glam that we all know Paris to embody; making this look the most perfect for the evening. The silver gems adornments on faux nude tailoring combined with a glam high pony gave this red carpet an absolute run for its money and although many wondered as to her reasoning to be at the event, no complaints were shared on her look for the night (period!). “Show up and show out.” Well played.

4. jon batiste

The man of the night, Jon Batiste, took home five awards, despite being recognized in eleven nominations. Jon took home the most awards that night, but not without giving the public a stellar performance and fashion look. Jon wore Dolce & Gabbana, whom he collaborated with throughout his recent album release. In this collaboration, Jon has implemented and worn bright colors, royal patterns, and fine-tailored suits/ensembles to convey his album’s style and culture. Like any good artist, Jon clearly understands the importance of continuity in style across his pursuits, and looks great while doing it!

5. Jazmine Sullivan

Jazmine can call the night an absolute success, not only for taking home two Grammy Awards but also for this amazing geometric, monochrome suit. With styling embellishments of pointed shoulders, a deep v-cut suit jacket, and straight pants, Jazmine really displayed that she’s in charge and knows exactly what she’s doing. A suit on the red carpet? We want more of it!

Fiorella Izquierdo

George Mason University '23

Fiorella Izquierdo is a senior at George Mason University currently studying Communication with a concentration in Journalism and a minor in Graphic Design. She is happiest when she has a magazine in one hand and a chai latte in the other. Music, fashion, and cooking are some of her other passions, which keeps her busy in her free time. In the future, Fiorella hopes to work as a creative director and travel the world doing what she loves!