Tango into Spring with a Pop of Tangerine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

“P.O.C” as stylist Brad Goreski calls it, or pops of color to non-Bravo fanatics, are taking over the runway. “Tangerine tango” is the color of the season and it is making waves into stores and nail polish bottles alike. Spring is all about embracing naturalness and peeling off the layers of winter. Staple spring colors have always included turquoise and coral, but now melon is just as enticing. Color blocking was seen all over the runways last year and has continued to make a statement through winter. Throwing on a melon colored top with dark denim or painting your nails instantly gives your outfit and mood a lift. It is also a great color for all skin tones. Nothing shouts spring as much as a refreshing pop to your bleak greys and whites.

Have no fear if you feel that you cannot carry off this hue, I beg to differ. Try incorporating it into your already fabulous wardrobe through accessories. A cotton scarf, a bib necklace or a blazer will revamp your outfit any day of the week. If you dare to stand out, purchase a chiffon blouse to be worn with denim or a café cut pant. Throw on layered gold bangles or a turquoise cocktail ring and head to the office or out to happy hour with friends. If this color is super flattering on you, invest in a summer dress that can be worn with everything from cowboy boots to espadrilles and keep the rest of your outfit minimalistic. Remember, the best way to wear this trend is with confidence.

Tess Mackey

George Mason University

Tess is a senior at George Mason University majoring in Communication with a concentration in Public Relations.  She has been addicted to fashion since she was a child frequenting the streets of New York City with her mom, and collecting copies of her favorite magazines Instyle andVanity Fair.  Along with HerCampus, she is a style guru for CollegeFashionista.com, and she is beginning an internship this summer in journalism.  When she is not writing, she spends her time working at a local high-end local boutique and consignment shopping with friends.  
Sabel is a senior at George Mason University majoring in History and Economics. Although she'd rather stay a student forever, she is excited to see what the future brings her in the fashion industry. Besides her endeavors at HerCampus, Sabel is a Style Guru for CollegeFashionista.com writing the Style Advice of the Week column for Mason. Adding to her busy schedule are her duties in her sorority, volunteering for Operation Smile, contributing to the social media world, feeding her soda addiction, shopping at J.Crew and coloring everything around her pink. And yes, the last three are major priorities in her book.