Stranger Things: The 7 Stages of Having a Warm Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

The forecast for this week is a high of 74 degrees — and it’s the middle of winter. Our initial reaction? SO MUCH YES.

As we take in the comforting rays of sunshine, we know there is an unnerving feeling deep down how abnormal and scary this is: 40 degrees one week, 70 degrees the next? 

With constant research and facts coming out about global warming, it is hard to enjoy this new weather without a feeling of guilt. So while you are out and about this weekend enjoying your outdoor adventures I know you will also be experiencing. No one tells it better than the crew of Stranger thigns. 

1. Denial

You check the weather and it tells you that it’s going to be over 70 degrees when it was just 35 degrees.

2. Shock

We call Demogorgon’s doing.

3. Acceptance

Alright, maybe this is okay?

4. Joy

I’m so in.

5. Summer Adventure feels

Don’t be like Barb

6. Guilt

Okay, maybe there’s something greater happening here

7. Apprehension

*Waits for it to go back to negative 15 degrees*

Kayla Hanigan

George Mason University

Currently a Senior majoring in Elementary Education with a minor in Mild Disabilities. A member of Alpha Phi sorority, Serengetee Campus Rep and a part of Leadership and Community Engagement LLC. Most likely found obsessing over Goats