iPad with the cover of \"Kissing the Coronavirus,\" sitting on a table with masks and hand sanitizer
Original photo by Amanda Snead

So… Coronavirus Erotica is a Thing… and I Read It

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Just when you thought 2020 couldn’t get any weirder… enter “Kissing the Coronavirus,” a short erotic story about a doctor who was meant to cure the virus but ends up falling in love with it. 

The synopsis from Goodreads reads, “She was supposed to cure the Coronavirus. Instead… she fell in love with it. Dr. Alexa Ashingtonford is a part of a crack team of scientists tasked with finding the cure to the devastating Coronavirus. Little did she know she would end up falling in love with it, in this steamy viral-erotica. Kissing the Coronavirus is a steamy tale about forbidden love and dark desires come to life.”

The author published this 16-page novel in an attempt to make some extra money after losing her job during the COVID-19 pandemic. So I guess when the pandemic effs you… you make it sexy and eff it back? And you know what? Good for her! 

The first time I saw someone post about this book, I honestly thought it was a joke… but then I saw a few more people post about it and I wanted to join in on the fun. The book is only 99 cents on the Kindle (or free with Kindle Unlimited) and is currently the number one bestseller in the “humorous erotica” section on Amazon. It currently has over 300 reviews on Amazon and is somehow averaging at almost four stars. 

The story follows Dr. Alexa Ashingtonford and her boss Dr. Bob Gurtlychund, two doctors working to find a cure for COVID-19. The lab began with four doctors but was down to Alexa and Bob, more determined than ever since losing half of their team. Alexa decides to add some more antibodies to a test tube without consulting Dr. Gurtlychund first. Little did she know that they would be skipping going through the medical council and Bob would be testing it himself because he was infected. 

After giving himself the shot, something happens to Dr. Gurtlychund. He turns into a green, Hulk-like creature. “What’s your name?” “Call me Covid.” Then Alexa and Covid have some steamy sex and… the end! 

I truly don’t think I’ve ever laughed so hard at a book, here are a few ~*memorable*~ quotes that I can’t stop thinking about:

“His tongue, so soft and hot, like a chunk of microwaved fish, sloshing around inside of her mouth.”

“Alexa’s heart fluttered like it had done the time she’d fucked the farmer’s cross-eyed son and uncrossed his eyes.”

“[…] so deprived of the feeling of a hot man-dog inside her lubricated pussy-bun[…]”

And those are just a few

Honestly, I have to give props to this author for taking a terrible situation and turning it into something funny that so many people can enjoy. If you need a good laugh during this very weird time, this is the book for you! Happy reading!

Amanda Snead

George Mason University '21

Amanda is a senior at George Mason where she is majoring in Communication with a concentration in journalism and minoring in women and gender studies. She currently serves as Her Campus George Mason's president and Campus Correspondent. She has previously served as the Editor in Cheif and Senior Editor. Additionally, she worked as a Branded Content Intern for Her Campus nationally as well as a Chapter Advisor. She spends her free time writing articles, perfecting her Animal Crossing island and hanging out with her pets.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com