This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Welcome to autumn, collegiettes! September 21st marks the autumnal equinox, the first official day of fall. This is the time of the year when the trees change into beautiful oranges and reds, pumpkin spice lattes are always in hand, boots are in season again and cornfield mazes are a welcoming pastime. With this transition into my favorite season of the year, it only made sense to bring along my favorite trends of the season. Look no further for some of the hottest makeup of the pumpkin spice latte season .

Eyeshadow Palette

Via Anastasia Beverly Hills

This eyeshadow palette is one of my all-time favorite eyeshadow palettes in the history of eyeshadow palettes. The colors offered by the Modern Renaissance eyeshadow palette by Anastasia Beverly Hills give a dynamic set of choices for multiple skin hues and can offer an everyday look or a bold smokey evening look. The pinks, browns, oranges and neutral colors give the wearer a lot of options. For fall I think the red ochre, cyprus umber and vermeer make an excellent combination.

Brow Pomade

Via Kat Von D

I was browsing Sephora last week when I came across this amazing brow pomade. In the past I have normally gone the traditional pencil route for my brows, but I am ready and willing to try out pomade for this unique color. This is the 24-hour Super Brow Long-Wear Pomade in Aubergine – Deep Plum by Kat Von D. The deep plum color is perfect for fall and will have your brows standing out in the crowd.

Mascara

Via Sephora

This is the new, limited edition Better Than Birthday Sex Mascara by Too Faced, which is part of the 20 year collection. This mascara give the wearer full, long eyelashes with lots of volume. I also love the sparkly, special edition packing!

Highlighter

Via Sephora

Make your cheekbones shine with MILK Makeup’s Mars – Golden Peach Holographic Stick. The warm tones of the highlighter keep summer close as we move into fall and the orangey hues of fall spice up the look.

Contour Blush Set

Via Sephora

I can’t speak for everyone, but this girl has got to have a decent contour set. There’s just something about a good cut, contoured look that makes me want to brush invisible dust off my shoulders because I know my makeup is on point. That’s just why I love the Contour Blush Spice Market Palette from the Sephora Collection. It gives you a good contour and it allows you to try something different with the orange and pink hues. The spice market colors just happen to be a perfect match for fall.

Lipstick

Via Too Faced

This lipstick has been around for a year or two, but it’s just too perfect to pass up. Even before Too Faced released their Melted Matte lipsticks, this one in particular was a favorite of many and quickly developed a beauty guru following. The nude-pink hue that makes the Queen B signature look is perfect for the casual day or the girls night out. It’s a liquid lipstick that is matte and stays on for the better part of the day. The nude color makes it perfect for fall as it complements so many of the other autumn colors.

Fragrance

Photo courtesy of author

You don’t think I’d forget about the perfume did you? I asked a Sephora employee about new fragrances and if there were any that would fit the theme of fall. Their recommendation was Kilian’s new fragrances: Princess, Kissing, Boys, Adults. The scents were a mix of things like cedarwood and sandalwood, the perfect combinations for fall. My personal favorite was adults since I found it to be the less strong of the four and it had a very nice, light scent.

Final Look

I know what you’re thinking, “oh my lawd she probably resembles a pumpkin with all that talk of orange hues,” but fear not my friends, I survived without turning into a gourd. I did not try the eyebrow pomade on my brows as I was going for a more natural look here, but I can’t wait to try it out the next time I’m in Sephora! Behold, the final look in two different lights.

Photo courtesy of author

This first look is more casual and “yay! I don’t look like a pumpkin!” I tried to keep the pigments light to showcase a more everyday look and not put on too much at once.

Photo courtesy of author

This second look is a little more glam and all I did was change the lighting and loose the smile. You could easily add more color for a smokey out-on-the-town kind of look. It’s a very easy look to recreate and hopefully these colors will make you as excited for fall as I am.

Kaelyn Cook

George Mason University

I'm a vegetarian, a globetrotter and a very passionate bookworm. I like listening to rock music, baking, and dyeing my hair crazy colors. I've begun collecting tattoos and stories and before I die I want to kiss in the rain. I love to dance (very badly, I might add), sing in the shower and stare at the stars. I live in my own little world and sometimes I get lost there. It's a good place to be.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com