This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

With the advent of social media, fashion has taken over our generation like never before. In an age where individuality has virtually killed off the early Abercrombie clones of our middle school era (remember the droves of girls in ripped jeans and logo-ridden hoodies?), anyone can aspire to be a creative muse with the simple click of their iPhone’s Instagram app. Style stalkers, rejoice! I’ve provided a list of the quirkiest fashion gurus that will surely jolt your wardrobe. From Lower East Side hipsters to posh urbanites, these girls all have imagination that just doesn’t quit!

Karla Deras of “Karla’s Closet”

www.karlascloset.com

Meet the West Coast’s authority in vintage fashions. Deras experiments with bold silhouettes, flashy prints, classic period pieces and ultra-feminine style. Readers, beware: this jewelry designer has a high-end shoe collection that would make even Carrie Bradshaw green with envy!

Christina Caradona of “Troupe Rouge”

troprouge.blogspot.com

This New Yorker is the perfect blend of grunge and glam. With a panache for faux fur and tomboy booties, Caradona embodies the effortless comfy chic look of downtown hipsters. Follow the model/actress’ blog for behind-the-scenes looks at her ad campaigns and the new Nickelodeon show, “Alien Dawn” she’s taping!

Blair Eadie of “Atlantic-Pacific”
atlantic-pacific.blogspot.com

Eadie is all J.Crew with a pop of sparkle! The preppy princess keeps her classic style fresh by mixing prints and always sporting a pair of oversized, cat-eye sunnies.Her knack for baubles and bangles will inspire you to pile on jewels for the ultimate arm candy party.

Amanda Shoemaker of “One of Each Blog”

www.oneofeachblog.com

The title of this self-proclaimed “blog addict”’s website really says it all; her style ranges from full-on Stevie Nicks hippie to urban street-chic! Visit Shoemaker’s blog for daily inspirations in crafting and creating. You won’t want to miss a day of this blog. Her ever-changing hair color is sure to make you take a second glance each week!

Angela Rozas Saiz of “Madame de Rosa”
www.madamederosa.com

Calling all trendsetters!  On “Madame de Rosa,” Saiz is rarely spotted without an opulent headpiece or a statement cocktail ring. Scroll through her site to remind yourself that sequins are in fact a neutral, so don’t be afraid to pile it on!

Tess Mackey

George Mason University

Tess is a senior at George Mason University majoring in Communication with a concentration in Public Relations.  She has been addicted to fashion since she was a child frequenting the streets of New York City with her mom, and collecting copies of her favorite magazines Instyle andVanity Fair.  Along with HerCampus, she is a style guru for CollegeFashionista.com, and she is beginning an internship this summer in journalism.  When she is not writing, she spends her time working at a local high-end local boutique and consignment shopping with friends.