Passing The Password Pop Quiz

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Let’s be honest: whether it’s your email, your Twitter, or your bank account, you use the same password everything.  It’s just plain hard to remember the one or two passwords that aren’t the same as the most-used one!             

I remember back in high school a guy revealed to my friend and I the email address he used for his Facebook account because he thought we would never guess his password.  Clearly, he wasn’t aware of password security.  Luckily for him, we just wanted to hack his Facebook and make him look like he was really, really into water coloring.  Mature, right? 

Anyways, we weren’t trying to steal hundreds of dollars from him, like someone could from you if you’re still using a password that is a cute combination of your favorite animal and year you were born.  You also don’t want people receiving embarrassing spam from you (which I have had a problem with recently).  We still make fun of my friend for apparently ‘claiming an egg sandwich’ on Facebook.  So protect your digital self, and keep what’s yours.

Want to know how strong your password really is? Test it here! We have to say, Intel is a pretty tough grader, but we think all of our passwords could use a little tough love! 

Avalon Swindell Jones

George Mason University

Avalon is a senior at George Mason University, majoring in communication with a concentration in public relations and minoring in both business and electronic journalism.  She has been writing for Her Campus since fall 2011, allowing her to discover her passion for writing.  Her favorite topics to write about are relationships, embarrassing moments, and nights out.  
Tess Mackey

George Mason University

Tess is a senior at George Mason University majoring in Communication with a concentration in Public Relations.  She has been addicted to fashion since she was a child frequenting the streets of New York City with her mom, and collecting copies of her favorite magazines Instyle andVanity Fair.  Along with HerCampus, she is a style guru for CollegeFashionista.com, and she is beginning an internship this summer in journalism.  When she is not writing, she spends her time working at a local high-end local boutique and consignment shopping with friends.