Mr. George Mason Freshman 2015 Contestant- Zach Fowler

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.
Major: Kinesiology – I want to start my own physical therapy company someday.

Hometown: Virginia Beach, been there since I was born

Relationship Status: Single for now.

Favorite part of freshman year so far:
Definitely all the new people I’ve met and the feeling of self-dependence now that I’m on my own. It feels good to take care of myself.

Favorite quote to live by:
“If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” It’s straightforward, but it works every time.

Favorite thing about GMU:
Definitely all the diverse people here, and the beautiful campus, especially right now that it’s starting to cool down and the leaves are turning. Sweater weather is better weather.

Why do you think you would be a great Mr. Campus Freshman 2015?
I would be a great Mr. Campus Freshman 2015 because I really feel like I embody what it means to be a college freshman. I’m the first kid in my family to go to college and I’m really making a name for myself. I’m ready to do my parents proud, they’re the ones who got me this far.

Sabel is a senior at George Mason University majoring in History and Economics. Although she'd rather stay a student forever, she is excited to see what the future brings her in the fashion industry. Besides her endeavors at HerCampus, Sabel is a Style Guru for CollegeFashionista.com writing the Style Advice of the Week column for Mason. Adding to her busy schedule are her duties in her sorority, volunteering for Operation Smile, contributing to the social media world, feeding her soda addiction, shopping at J.Crew and coloring everything around her pink. And yes, the last three are major priorities in her book.