Laptop Cases That Complete Your Look

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

I’ve never been a tech girl. Talking about computers and hard drives has often left me either scratching my head or dozing off mid-sentence while talking to the guys at Apple’s Genius Bar. That being said, I’m sure you can only imagine the lack of enthusiasm I felt when I went to buy a new MacBook.

Just last fall, I was watching the lips of the Apple employee move while he explained the wonders of some new software called “Snow Leopard” (or was it “Polar Bear”?) while I thought to myself: getting a tetanus shot might be more fun than this. When suddenly, a flash of digital pattern caught my eye. This rectangular shaped cover that caught my eye had black and graphite all over, with bronze hardware clamping long and vinyl straps. As I read the tastefully placed “Marc by Marc Jacobs” plaque in the middle of the case, a soft, pink glow suddenly swept across the stark white shop; technology finally clicked!

I held up a finger, silencing the poor Genius, then I ran across the store to grab my fabulous new laptop case. This rush of adrenaline that I felt that day, is one that I want all our readers to experience when they find that perfect bag or sleeve for their on-the-go computers! Your favorite designers are jumping on the geek-chic bandwagon and they want YOU! Here are my favorites for fall.

Rebecca Minkoff rose gold 15” laptop case
$147 (reduced from $228!), available at www.zappos.com

This rose gold, snake-embossed case is definitely divalicious! Made in the same shape of Minkoff’s Mini Mac bags that we all know and love, this sparkling carrier is sure to get some envious stares as you strut through the JC. 
www.zappos.com

Hester Street Trading Co. Patterned 15” laptop case
$29, available at www.urbanoutfitters.com

Urban Outfitter’s aztec motif carrier is right on-trend with the hippie craze in fashion right now! With its corduroy lining, your laptop will stay scratch-free and shiny. And did we mention the price? At only $29, this one is the best for ballers on a budget!

Kate Spade “Keyboard” 15” laptop sleeve
$60, available at www.katespade.com

This playful sleeve by Kate Spade will keep your laptop cozy and clean while on the go. Logo-loathing fashionistas will adore the quirky keyboard illustration with the letters of the famous designer’s name highlighted in a very subdued way.

Marc by Marc Jacobs “Pretty Nylon Printed Computer Commuter” 15” laptop bag $128, available at www.marcjacobs.com

Because this case is the same style I carry, i just had to add it to my list of fall favorites! This nylon bag not only comes in a variety of delicious colors and prints, but it also has a handy detachable strap. And on the back? A deep pocket with a velcro flap; perfect for storing pencils and lip gloss!

Tess Mackey

George Mason University

Tess is a senior at George Mason University majoring in Communication with a concentration in Public Relations.  She has been addicted to fashion since she was a child frequenting the streets of New York City with her mom, and collecting copies of her favorite magazines Instyle andVanity Fair.  Along with HerCampus, she is a style guru for CollegeFashionista.com, and she is beginning an internship this summer in journalism.  When she is not writing, she spends her time working at a local high-end local boutique and consignment shopping with friends.