This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Happy Earth Month! To celebrate Earth month and to wrap up Earth week, I’ve pulled together a list of my favorite products from Lush, an environmentally-friendly cosmetics company that started in the UK. Lush is one of my all-time favorite cosmetic companies because not only do they produce amazing products, they also fight animal testing, use fresh fruits and vegetables, only vegetarian ingredients (and even a lot of vegan ones too), and they care about the happiness and well-being of their employees. In their own words, “At LUSH, we believe in protecting people, animals and the planet.”

Bath Bombs: Bath bombs are a great way to turn an ordinary bath into a spa-like experience. Colorful and full of wonderful scents bath bombs turn bath time into the ultimate relaxing experience. My pick: Sex Bomb. Sex Bomb is a pink-and-purple bath bomb that smells like jasmine, clary sage and ylang ylang. Sex bomb is great for romantic baths or if you simply want to feel sexy.

Soap: These soap bars are great in the shower or for washing your hands. My pick: Sea Vegetable. Sea vegetable has sea salt and seaweed in it to scrub your skin while leaving it soft. It smells amazing with lime and lavender, it’s utterly refreshing.

Shampoo Bars: The first of its kind, solid shampoo bars; easy to travel with, no packaging necessary. They also have conditioner bars. These bars are great for the environment and great for your hair too. My pick: Lullaby. Lullaby is great for people with sensitive hair and scalps, as well as young children. It’s made with oat milk and almond meal, and it smells like lavender so it soothes not only your head but also your mind.

Face Masks: I absolutely love Lush’s face masks, I’ve used several of them. Depending on your skin type and what you’re looking for there are different masks that can give you exactly what you need for your skin. My pick: Cupcake. Cupcake is a fun chocolate mint mask designed for young skin that can breakout or is oily. This mask is wonderful for keeping the pimples at bay, and it’s kind of fun putting chocolate on your face! It also has spearmint and vanilla in it to cool the skin and to calm redness.

Massage Bars: I use a lot of massage bars so it’s hard to narrow it down to one. Massage bars are great for massaging the skin and leaving it soft and moisturized. My pick: Shimmy Shimmy. Shimmy Shimmy is also a body tint bar because it leaves behind a glittery glow on your skin. I love to use this bar when I go out. It has vanilla, lavender, and clary sage to smell enticing.

Eyeliner: The cool thing about the eyeshadow and eyeliner at Lush is because of the natural ingredients you can use them as a liner, shadow, blush or even lipstick/gloss. I love that you can use the shadow and liner as lipstick because they come in more outlandish colors than the lipstick. My pick: Healthy. Healthy is a leafy-green colored eye liner (though I did use it for lipstick on St. Paddy’s Day a few years ago…). Healthy is infused with rose petals, jojoba and almond oils that are gentle on your skin.

Lipstick: Liquid lipstick that goes on smooth, Lush’s lipsticks are amazing and it’s good to know that the ingredients are safe and natural because it’s believed that women consume seven pounds of lipstick in her lifetime. If we’re going to consume that much lipstick let it be safe, non-toxic and natural rather than something containing lots of parabens and other harmful chemicals. My pick: Bubbly. Bubbly is exactly how it sounds; a fun, flirty pink made just a little bit of a shimmer. It’s made with jojoba oil and rose wax so that lips stay soft and smooth while wearing it. I personally love this lipstick because you can put it on lightly for a soft look or apply more for a more vibrant look.

I hope you check out Lush, not only because they have amazing products but also because they care about people, animals and the planet. You can look at them online by going to www.lushusa.com or visit them in store (the closest Lush to GMU is at the mall at Tyson’s Corner Center).

*All images and information about products came from www.lushusa.com

Kaelyn Cook

George Mason University

I'm a vegetarian, a globetrotter and a very passionate bookworm. I like listening to rock music, baking, and dyeing my hair crazy colors. I've begun collecting tattoos and stories and before I die I want to kiss in the rain. I love to dance (very badly, I might add), sing in the shower and stare at the stars. I live in my own little world and sometimes I get lost there. It's a good place to be.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com