sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Halloween Costumes You Can Pull Off With an Oversized T-shirt

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

For the past two years, I’ve thrown together Halloween costumes by investing in $4 t-shirts from the craft store. Let me tell you, it has been life changing. I get the comfort of an oversized cotton t-shirt (honestly feels like wearing your pajamas to a party) while looking cute, and I don’t end up spending so much money on a costume that I have to live off of ramen until next payday. If you enjoy the coziness of oversized clothing with the subtle, sexy touches of a whole lotta leg, these costumes are totally for you. Also, they are so easy and cheap to pull together last minute. It really takes zero effort to ball on a budget. You can be anything!

Fruit

Via Pinterest

No one will question what you are while dressed as one of these. Pretty straight-forward: just pick up the right color t-shirt and maybe add some touches with addition supplies like paint and markers. This is such a good way to get the whole girl gang involved, too!

Lilo from “Lilo and Stitch”

Via Wikia

This one is a classic, and is so easy to put together. I personally hand-painted the flowers on with puffy paint but you can also tape, draw or sew the details on! Partygoers near and far won’t be able to mistake who you’re dressed as for anything, especially if you’ve got a “Stitch”.

Mike Wazowski, Sully or Boo from “Monster’s Inc.”

Via Pinterest

Great trio costume that also requires very little additional work. Fabric and puffy paints truly work miracles.

Winnie the Pooh and Pals

Via Pinterest

I mean, need I say more??

Kiki from “Kiki’s Delivery Service”

Via FathomEvents

This one is for the Studio Ghibli lovers. I was able to put this entire costume together with under $10! BONUS: Cute cinnamon broom is $4 at Trader Joe’s.

The Powerpuff Girls

Via Pinterest

Another childhood classic brought back! This is just too adorable and easy to not do, especially if you and the squad are looking for some last-minute costumes.

\Most, if not all, of these costumes cost $10 or less, look adorable and require nothing more than an oversized t-shirt as the base. So get creative and have a spooky Halloween, collegiettes!

Nancy Nyamaa

George Mason University '19

Nancy is currently a senior at George Mason majoring in communication (concentration in journalism) and minoring in conflict analysis & resolution. She's passionate about true crime podcasts, baking, and editing. After she graduates she hopes to pursue a career in journalism and eventually go to grad school.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com