This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Photo courtesy of Sofia Dolin

Like everything in college, you’ve perhaps been putting off planning your Halloween costume until the last minute. Before you know it, it’s the day of the Halloween party. You’re broke, you’re tired and you don’t feel like thinking too hard about what to dress up as. Maybe just never have been a big costume person. Here are some ideas to make your last-minute Halloween costume shopping trip quick, cheap and painless. Some of these might not even require a trip to the store, just to your closet!

Regina George

You’ve probably seen multiples of Karen’s sexy mouse costume at parties, but Regina’s infamous holes-in-shirt is quick, easy and fun. All you’ll need is a purple bra or cami and a black skirt. Then just cut two holes in a white tank top and you’ll be looking so fetch.  

Via Cosmopolitan  

Audrey Hepburn’s Sleep Look

Her classic black dress and pearls outfit from “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” is cute, but overdone and might take too long to shop for. All you need for this costume is a blue sleep mask and a white dress shirt. Just draw some gold lashes on the sleep mask and you’re ready to go.

Via WordPress

Jim and Pam

If you’re doing a couple’s costume, Jim and Pam have the most basic, but perfect outfits you can find. For Jim: a blue or white button-down with rolled up sleeves, a tie and brown pants. For Pam: a white button down, pink sweater and khaki skirt. Make sure you don’t leave out her award-winning white keds.

Via USA Today

Becky with the Good Hair

You can pretty much wear anything for this costume. Make your hair stand out in some way and wear a name tag or write in big letters on an oversized t-shirt, “Hi, my name is Becky.”

Via Giphy

Related: Is My Halloween Costume Appropriate?

Ty Beanie Babies

You can do this costume in a group, or by yourself. Just wear any cute dress and all you’ll need is a hat or headband to show what animal you are, and some posterboard to make the Ty tag.

Via Odyssey

Scarecrow

If you have a flannel in your closet and some face paint, you’re good to go. Bonus points if you happen to have a floppy straw hat on hand!

Via Favim

Mia Wallace from “Pulp Fiction”

A white dress shirt, black leggings and a black bob wig, which you can get for cheap at pretty much any Halloween store, are all you need to look like one of the coolest movie characters ever.  

Via IGN

Now you can be a procrastinator and the costume contest winner.  

Molly Feser

George Mason University '18

Molly is a Communication major with a concentration in Journalism at George Mason University. She loves Broadway, iced coffee, and The Office. She is also a sister of Alpha Xi Delta on campus. After she graduates she hopes to be an entertainment journalist.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com