alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Everything to Get Excited for: Game of Thrones Season 8

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

The culmination of my summer before college was finally watching Game of Thrones and after this season it will be one of the few series I’ve watched from beginning to end. When last season ended, I was left on the edge of my seat, completely bought into all of the characters. As you prepare to settle in for the premiere of the final season of Game of Thrones on April 14th, remember an essential part of the experience: promo. content.

First, the cast on their Game of Thrones journey! Last Saturday, April 6th, Kit Harington, Emilia Clarke, John Bradley, Rose Leslie and Pete Davidson all appeared on SNL to field questions about how the series ends.

Spoiler alert:

Via Giphy

Earlier that same week Maisie Williams appeared on the Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, outlining her favorite, best Arya Stark-defining moments on set. She “accidentally drops a major spoiler” about Season 8, but we can’t be sure until Sunday at 9 PM.

Emilia Clarke also interviewed on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert three days prior to talk about her decade long role as the “Mother of Dragons.” She said the finale had her in tears and that’s exactly what I would expect from this season.

In addition to all the extra GoT-related footage of the cast, HBO has partnered with a few brand partners to bless us with themed Oreos and Mountain Dew. Ideal snacks for Sunday night, imo.

Promotional content is exciting, but to really get the most out of this season it’s a good idea to refresh on plot points and where we left off at the end of the last episode. Not enough time to watch the entire series again? Yeah, me neither! There’s still time to re-watch all of Season 7, btw, and George Mason students get free HBO Go access!

HBO has its own viewers guide and there’s an abundance of Reddit feed and YouTube channel dedicated to understanding the complexity that is Westeros. Alt Shift X has videos to help the average viewer make sense of it all through short recaps and in-depth analyses. In addition, HBO keeps putting out “The Cast Remembers” content on its Twitter that you definitely want to check out.

If you have yet to see the trailer and teasers for this season: you’re welcome.

Via Giphy

This season is just beginning, so cancel your Sunday night plans, grab your friends and get those assignments done early. It’s expected that this season will be, as Game of Thrones always is, not what you hoped for but exactly what you wanted.

George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com