This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Dear Her Campus and collegiettes,

When I first started college almost four years ago, I was certain I would not get involved in extracurriculars or activities because I commuted to campus every day. I would go to class, complete my assignments, and leave to go home. I felt like I would never find myself a “home” on campus, that I wouldn’t really make friends outside of my classes, that I would never get involved –and for a while, I lived that experience. But I was miserable every day. I felt like I wasn’t living my college experience to the fullest, I always felt like there HAD to be more for me to do.

That’s when I found my girl gang: Her Campus George Mason.

My life has not been the same since.

Since I first came on the team as a biweekly writer in the fall of 2016, I have had the absolute honor of serving our chapter as editor-in-chief, president, and chapter advisor for Her Campus. I’ve had the privilege of watching our beautiful chapter at George Mason grow from 10 writers to almost 40. The hard work and dedication I have seen from the women on this team is truly something to take note of, and I couldn’t be more thankful that I got to learn from all of them, and that they trusted me to lead them.

This team has had my back during the toughest of finals weeks, longest of semesters, and beyond. They have been my Her Conference roomies, my best friends, and potluck family. They have truly been the definition of united and empowered women.

As I get ready to graduate in a week, I keep thinking about how I would do college all over again if it meant I could relive these memories with HC.

The women I have gotten to work with over the years in our chapter are remarkable and I am so proud of the articles we published, events we hosted, and campaigns we planned together. Being on this team has been an experience freshman year me could never have dreamt up.

So, thank you Her Campus, for shaping my college experience and making it what it was. Without you, I wouldn’t have found a family at Mason. I wouldn’t have been able to gain experience in editorial, social media managing, or the chance to build my career. I wouldn’t have met any of the incredible women I have had the pleasure of knowing and working with, which is a truly scary thought, because I would not be who I am today without them.

To everyone on this team now and before, thank you.

Thank you to Juliane and Holly for setting perfect examples of what strong female leaders are. I had big shoes to fill this year, and I hope you can look back and be proud of the precedent you set as our previous CCs.

Thank you to Courtney for being the best co-CC I could have ever asked for. You organized our themed weeks, filled in where we needed you, always went above and beyond in everything you did for us, and I can’t thank you enough for all of it. You are caring, kind, hardworking, and you are my role model.

Thank you to Amanda for also being the best co-CC this semester. I have watched you grow from freshman writer to incoming president and I know you will do GREAT things with our team in the years to come. I’ll be watching from the sidelines and cheering you on every step of the way!

Thank you to Sarah for always stepping up for the sake of our team. Your dedication to Her Campus and our chapter is something I have always admired, and I know you’re going to soar as our editor-in-chief!

Thank you to Alexa, Salma and Jenny for being the best social media editors our chapter has ever had. Your wonderful ideas and devotion to your roles brought our chapter to where it is today.

Thank *and I cannot stress this enough* you all. I love you with all my heart and will never forget you.

To incoming collegiettes, find your girl gang as soon as you can. I found mine and I never looked back.

For one final time:

HCXO,

Nancy

P.S. Catch you all at Her Conference: Empower this summer!!!

Nancy Nyamaa

George Mason University '19

Nancy is currently a senior at George Mason majoring in communication (concentration in journalism) and minoring in conflict analysis & resolution. She's passionate about true crime podcasts, baking, and editing. After she graduates she hopes to pursue a career in journalism and eventually go to grad school.