This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Springtime always brings forth the promise of sunshine after a dreary, cold, and oh-so-wet winter. Sunshine means sunglasses, and one sunglass trend for 2013 is more fun than anything we’ve seen lately. Think bright, hippie-chic, and rugged. If you love aviators and retro pops of color, you’ll fall in love with the five fun looks below:

Costa Del Mar:

These sunglasses are made by a major name in eyewear fashion, promising both durability and comfort. Stainless steel hinges make the glasses perfect for the water, and the option to add prescription lenses is a major bonus. (Buy here for $279)

80s Purple:

A cool amber color and free shipping with the purchase of any two pairs, these sunglasses offer 100% UV protection and a uniquely square shape. The thick frame incorporates a cool emblem over the nose, making the eyewear look like something straight from the runway. (Buy here for $10)

Solar Fashions:

Every college chick loves to match her sunglasses to her outfit, and what better way to do that than to buy a super inexpensive pack of 12 cool shades in assorted colors? Each pair in the pack has spring hinges and broad-spectrum protection. (Buy here for $23)

Ray-Ban:

Yellow is the perfect color for spring and summer, brightening any fashionista’s day. Embrace the urban vibe with these vivid sunglasses, available with polarized lenses, in the classic teardrop shape that celebrity Minka Kelly rocks regularly. (Buy here for $210)

Jimmy Jazz:

Who doesn’t love to be cheered up by girly colors like pink and purple? These super inexpensive lenses are too fun to pass up, with gradual tinting on the lenses and contrasting pink accents on the metal hardware. (Buy here for $3.97)

All of the styles above should be worn with confidence, a jean jacket, and effortless hair. There are options for every budget and every style this season, so please don’t miss out on the trend! If you’re still unsure about the right color for you, simply choose a shade that brings out your personality and compliments your favorite jewlery. Have fun, ladies!

George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com