This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Attention all you single ladies, meet John Hunnell: one of the kindest and charismatic young men here at George Mason University. You may find John at various Catholic Church Ministry (CCM) events or running around in Intramurals. John’s amiable and caring personality is just one of the few things that make him one of a kind. He is constantly making people smile and laugh and is the definition of a true gentleman. Read below to get a better sense of who he is and what his interests are! 

1. Where are you from?

I am from a military family and we moved a lot so its hard to say exactly, but I would consider myself from the south since some of the places I lived in were Florida, Texas, and southern California. 

2. Where’s your favorite place in the whole world?

Anywhere as long as I am with people I love. Otherwise Siena in Italy.

3. What’s your favorite joke?

Why didn’t the skeleton go to the party? Cause he had NO BODY to go with.  It’s a classic. Can’t go wrong with that joke. 

4. If your life were turned into a movie, what actor would play you?

Theodore Evelyn, aka Ted Mosby from “How I Met Your Mother”.  Rash thinking guy who thinks he’s funny because he actually is.

5. Relationship Status?

I am currently single.

6. Who is your celebrity crush(es) and why?

Unfortunately I don’t keep up with celebrities very much, but my crush would be my memory of Britney Spears from about 10 years ago.

7.What are you involved in on campus/off campus?

I am involved in the Catholic Campus Ministry (CCM) and Mason Rec Intramural program. I am apart of the Knights of Columbus as well on campus. 

8. What is your ideal date?

A dinner where neither of us are worrying about the date itself and find each other’s company relaxing. Afterwards a walk or something spontaneous that would make for a fun story. 

9. Horoscope?

Leo

10. Are you more of a hunter or a gatherer?

Hunter, just because I enjoy adventures.  I find it difficult to imagine that it would be much of an adventure hunting down some berries.

11. What is your favorite memory from Mason?

My memory would be very recent and include almost the entirety of junior year.  I enjoy spending time with all of my suite-mates, I enjoy my classes, I love everyone in the CCM community, and I look forward going to work at Mason Recreation.

12. What is your favorite quote?

There are two rules for success.  Number one, never tell everything you know.   – Roger H. Lincoln

13. If you were a box of cereal, what would you be and why?

Frosted Flakes for sure.  No doubt.  They’re great and everybody loves them. 

14. What year are you/how old are you?

I am currently a junior and I am 20 years old. 

15. What’s your major?

Economics

16. What do you look for in a girl?

A girl that shares the same values I do.  Loves to laugh and is able to enjoy the little things.  A girl that likes herself and has self-confidence is something I find very attractive.  If she likes Frosted Flakes that’s a bonus too. 

17. If you could sing one song on The Voice, what would it be?

Honestly, one without words.  I can’t sing to save my life.  

There you have it ladies, THE John Hunnel! If you haven’t had a chance to meet him please take time out of your day to get to know him- I promise you you won’t regret it! 

Kayla Hanigan

George Mason University

Currently a Senior majoring in Elementary Education with a minor in Mild Disabilities. A member of Alpha Phi sorority, Serengetee Campus Rep and a part of Leadership and Community Engagement LLC. Most likely found obsessing over Goats
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com