This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

As some of you may know, Hulu recently released a limited series called “Nine Perfect Strangers.” I took the time to give it a watch, and I figured I’d share my thoughts so you can have some idea of what you’re in for. This article will have some spoilers, so proceed with caution if you’re hoping to avoid anything of that nature.

The show follows the stories of nine people who check into a luxury health and wellness resort to help them overcome their various traumas and other life issues. Over the course of their time at the resort, they are treated by the somewhat mysterious and ethereal resort director Masha. Masha engages in the practice of various meditation and well-being exercises as well as implementing microdoses of psychedelics in the guest’s daily breakfast smoothies in order to help them open up their mind and free them of the bonds of their traumas. Throughout the show we see the connections between the guests form. We also learn more of their histories as well as Masha’s, and we learn more about the “randomness” of their coincidental simultaneous stays.

Now, on to my thoughts of the show itself. I personally really enjoyed the plot. It wasn’t like anything I had previously encountered so I really enjoyed that aspect. I also liked how the pacing of the show was. Often I feel these limited series divulge everything in the beginning and by the time you’re halfway through you know how everything is going to end up. This is not the case with “Nine Perfect Strangers. Every episode gives you a little more of the picture and leaves you itching to know what happens next. It starts off slow and seemingly innocent and gets more and more intense as you go.

I also absolutely LOVED the casting for this show. It features big names like Melissa McCarthy, Nicole Kidman, Luke Evans and Regina Hall. Everyone in the show delivered a beautiful performance in my opinion. Nicole absolutely nailed it in her role as Masha. I also would be remiss if I didn’t take some to talk about Regina Hall in this series. If there is one thing that woman is going to do, it’s fully body a role. She absolutely killed that part. From the first scene she was in, to the very last, she was everything and more. I think the casting itself was my favorite part, which is saying something because I actually really loved the show.

Overall, I have to give this show a 10/10. As far as limited Hulu series go, this is definitely a new favorite of mine.

Jordan Lear

George Mason University '22

Jordan is a senior at George Mason University. She's pursuing a degree in Communication with a concentration in Media Production and Criticism and a minor in Film and Media Studies. Jordan loves to hang out with her friends and try to make them laugh. She's pretty outgoing and will totally talk your ear off if you mention one of her many random obsessions.