This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Halloween falls on a Monday this year, but that doesn’t mean you have to miss out on the fun. Grab your best costume and check out some of the places below:

Kings Dominion

Image credit: Pinterest

Are you a Thrill Seeker? Head farther south to Kings Dominion for their annual Halloween Haunt. They offer rollercoasters, scare zones, and terrifying shows to satisfy every adrenaline craving. Buy your tickets ahead of time to skip the lines

Cox Farms

Image credit: Cox Farms

Baby goats and zombies? What’s not to love? Check out Cox Farms in Centerville for Instagram-worthy pumpkin patches or a cup of warm apple cider. Once the sun goes down, head over to the Field of Fear. The forest is filled with your favorite horror-movie characters and typical Halloween ghouls. If you make it out of the fields, visit the bon fire and take a moonlit hayride. Tickets can be purchased ahead of time.

Jammin Java

Image credit: Jammin Java

If music is your thing, consider one of Jammin Java’s 90’S throwback shows out in Vienna. The shows are held year-round, but the October shows are full of costume contests and giveaways. This year’s show features cover bands for Paramore, Radiohead, Nirvana, Never Shout Never, and Linkin Park! Tickets can be purchased online for $10 or at the show for $13. Doors open at 6 PM.

Bunny Man Bridge

Image credit: Atlas Obscura

Drive out to Clifton and visit the famous bridge that has now become a legend in Fairfax County. Visitors claim to hear screams or see shadows of the supposed bunny man spirit that haunts the area. It’s free and relatively close, which makes it the perfect day trip. Make sure to get there around sunset to avoid the traffic!

Happy haunting!

Courtney Boone

George Mason University '18

Courtney is a senior at George Mason University studying forensic psychology and criminology. She serves as Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus George Mason and is also a Her Campus National Chapter Advisor. She graduates in December of 2018 and will be starting her Master's in Criminal Justice this spring at Mason. The motto she lives by: "Put your hair up in a bun, drink some coffee and handle it." 
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com