yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

4 Sober Halloweekend Activities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

If you’re like many other collegiettes you have probably been waiting since your freshman year in college to participate in over 21 activities such as Nightmare on M Street, and other Halloween or costume-themed outings centered around drinking. Whether you still aren’t 21 or you’ve gotten over your bar crawl phase, or you just prefer to do something less socially demanding we’ve got you covered on the alternatives to close out the month!

1. Escape The Room DC

There are many, many variations and locations of “Escape Rooms”. You can find them in nearly every city and – even better – they have flexible year-round hours. While the details of the adventures vary based on the theme of the room you choose, either one will definitely provide you and friends with enough mystery for one night. Skip the drinks because you’ll have a natural hangover after these critical thinking and scavenger-like tasks.

2. Rocky Horror Picture Show

E Street Cinema located in Washington, D.C. is hosting live performances of the infamous Rocky Horror Picture Show. If you’ve made this far into your college career without experiencing this then drop your current plans because this is a must! Tickets are just $10 and you may even spot some familiar faces in the cast.  

3. Field of Fear

Located in Centreville, Field of Fear is full of food, hayrides, and haunted trails. While you’ll still be spending your evening outside (so bring a jacket or huddle around the bonfire), there is more than enough entertainment and fright to keep you occupied. If getting scared isn’t your thing there are also plenty of games attractions.  

4. Doggie Happy Halloween Costume Contest

Located in Alexandria, this is event is calling all pet lovers. Dress up your favorite companion or just simply come and admire everyone else’s. A well-dressed and cleverly-costumed pup is appreciated any time of year! No tricks and double the treats.

Cierra Bundy

George Mason University

Cierra is a senior at George Mason University majoring in psychology. Other than working for Her Campus, Cierra is involved in Active Minds and is an enthusiastic sports fan. Although originally from Florida, Cierra has grown up mostly in a small town in the Shenandoah Valley. In her free time, Cierra loves finding new music, reading, writing, and trying new workouts.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com