3 Ways to Keep the Mason Spirit Alive this Fall Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

It’s time to get into the full swing of the fall semester and keep the Mason Spirit alive!

There are many reasons to be proud of being a part of the green and gold. However, as many of you know Mason is classified as a “commuter” school, meaning most students reside off campus. Some may say that’s the reason we lack true school spirit, but it’s no excuse to me. No matter how many people live on or off campus, we should always be proud patriots happy to support our school in all of its aspects.

Lucky for you, I am going inform you of some of the cool things happening around campus to help you keep the Mason spirit alive this fall semester!

1. Soccer season

For starters, IT’S SOCCER SEASON. Our men’s soccer team and women’s soccer team have both kickstarted their season. These games have food, free merchandise, and giveaways with an awesome vibe. Take advantage of the last few weeks of beautiful weather and come out to one of the games. Join the Patriot Platoon and other Mason fans to cheer on our talented players.  

2. Join a club

Another great way to get involved at Mason is through the various clubs our school has to offer. There are clubs ranging from sports teams, to acapella singing groups, there is something for everyone. Make sure you check out all the awesome groups you could be a part of, it will truly make your experience at Mason so much better!

3. Get involved in Greek life

Last but certainly not least recruitment is just around the corner for some of you ladies hoping to find your forever home in Greek life. Just remember that everything happens for a reason and to keep an open mind throughout the recruitment process.   There are plenty of opportunities to take advantage of that Mason has to offer, and it is up to you to make the absolute best of your college experience. These are the golden years ladies, enjoy them before the real world hits. Happy fall semester collegiettes!   Photo courtesy of Wikipedia

Ariana Tayebi

George Mason University

George Mason University '18
Juliane Veloso

George Mason University

Juliane is a Her Campus alumna. She started her time in HC as a Writer for HC George Mason. Her passion for HC led her to work on the National level as a Campus Expansion Assistant, Campus Correspondent, Chapter Advisor, and Viral Content Writer. Juliane is now a Digital Strategist for a Fortune 500 company. Follow her on Instagram: @julianemariev