Style > Beauty

10 Summer Beauty Products That Will Basically Change Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Spring may have just arrived, but we can’t fight off these ~summer vibes~! Here are the best products to make your look last through the sand, the sweat, and the sweet summer cocktails.

1. Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer

Create your own sunshine with Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer. Jergens has created a perfect after-sun lotion for a variety of skin tones that creates an even, natural looking color. Fool your friends into thinking you’re a goddess of the sun with perfectly tanned, moisturized skin.

2. Benefit’s Bronzer & Highlighter Duo

Benefit’s “Watt’s Up?” highlighter and “Hoola” bronzer are a match made in contour heaven. Use an angled brush and a light sweep of Hoola to accentuate your best features, then dab the highlighter’s built in sponge over your cheekbones to create a soft, illuminated look. 

3. CoverGirl Lashblast Volume Waterproof Mascara

There’s nothing like smudged mascara to ruin your beach look (and burn the fuck out of your eyes).  Covergirl’s Lashblast Volume Waterproof Mascara won’t smudge or run, so you can keep on batting your lashes in that new bikini. 

4. Too Faced Primed & Poreless Face Primer with SPF

This tinted primer from Too Faced will give you a subtle, summertime glow while protecting your skin with SPF 30. It’s not a replacement for sunscreen, but the built in SPF provides a boost of protection with a beautiful matte finish.

5. Stilla’s Matte ‘N Metal Eye Shadow Palette

This palette from Stilla is perfect for a warm summer night.  With swatches of golds, bronzes, peaches, and pinks, the Matte ‘N Metal palette is giving us major sunset vibes. 

6. Sun In Lemon Fresh Hair Lightener

Give your locks a boost with Sun In. Sun In creates gradual, natural highlights using lemon extract that responds to heat and sunlight. Spray some on your roots before a day at the pool for a lighter look, or spritz all over before a blow dry to get a beachy blonde for summer. 

7. LUSH Ocean Salt Face & Body Scrub

Scrub away sweat and sand with one of Lush’s best selling exfoliators. This elixir smells amazing and smooths away skin’s rough patches, leaving you touchably smooth and free to show some skin.

8. Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water 

Waterproof eyeliner and mascara are makeup must-haves during the summer, but they can dry out your eyelashes and be nearly impossible to remove. Garnier’s Micellar Cleansing Water is gentle on your lashes and lids, but tough on waterproof makeup. Bonus: it comes in a huge bottle and it’s super cheap. 

9. Benefit Lip Tints

Nothing compliments a fresh tan like a bold lip. Benefit has a line of long-lasting lip tints that are sure to survive your morning swim sesh and your evening cosmo. 

10. Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Texturizing Spray

Become a total mermaid with Beach Babe Texturizing Spray from Not Your Mother’s. Natural lemon and sea salt create unbelievable waves with touchable volume.  Throw a bottle in your beach bag for an effortless look while you have fun in the sun.

Holly Rhue

George Mason University

Holly was previously the Branded Content Editor at Her Campus Media, working on the national edit team to create engaging native editorial and social content for brands that HerCampus.com readers love! Her Beauty & Travel writing has been featured on Cosmopolitan.com, MarieClaire.com, and ELLE.com, where she was previously the digital publication's Editorial Fellow and Weekend Editor right out of college. Once upon a time, she led her own Her Campus chapter at George Mason University (go Patriots!).
Juliane Veloso

George Mason University

Juliane is a Her Campus alumna. She started her time in HC as a Writer for HC George Mason. Her passion for HC led her to work on the National level as a Campus Expansion Assistant, Campus Correspondent, Chapter Advisor, and Viral Content Writer. Juliane is now a Digital Strategist for a Fortune 500 company. Follow her on Instagram: @julianemariev