This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Working out is something that many people may dread or be scared of, but these YouTube channels make exercising fun and rewarding. Exercising is a great form of self-care. Taking care of your physical body is just as important as taking care of your mental state. 

1. Eva Fitness

Eva Fitness is a fairly new channel on YouTube.  The owner, Mira Pham, started the channel in October of 2019. Mira is a great fitness instructor who often tapes her fitness classes that include people from all ages. Her videos are mostly aerobic workouts which help increase balance, strength, and even flexibility. She also has 7 day challenges so anyone can have an easy and accessible workout schedule to turn to. 

2. MadFit

Another daily new channel started in March 2018.  Maddie Lymburner is the owner of the channel and the awesome woman who is in these videos. Her dance party workouts are super fun and usually only take about 15 minutes. She has dance party videos for a variety of artists such as Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber and One Direction. She also has workouts to whatever song may be popular at the time. For example, she recently posted one for Driver’s Licenses by Olivia Rodrigo. Some of the other workout categories on her channel include apartment friendly workouts (no jumping), knee friendly/low impact, and stretching/yoga. All the videos are fun and make working out less dreadful. 

3. POPSUGAR Fitness

This channel started back in 2010 and they have so many different kinds of exercise videos with several different instructors. They have workouts for just about anyone from beginners to dancers to hard core exercisers. They also have a playlist for a 2 week plan so there is no looking around for a proper workout schedule. There are lots of cardio filled videos on POPSUGAR which all help with balance and strength.

4. Anna McNutly

Anna started her channel back in 2014. Even though she is a young girl, she has some amazing videos for flexibility and stretching. She has a playlist for a 30-day flexibility plan and a 2-week splits challenge, along with other challenges for anyone to watch and try out. She also posts more personal videos on this channel such as her morning routine, room tour, and a prom video. Her videos are super helpful for people who used to be flexible and want to get back into it but are also helpful to beginners in their journey to be able to get into their splits. 

5. Chloe Ting

Chloe is based in Australia and started her channel in 2011. Not only does she have workout videos, but she also has some healthy recipes and meal prep videos. One of the best parts about her videos is that while showing and doing the workout moves with you, she also becomes unbalanced sometimes and has to restart like many of us do while following these videos. Many of her videos are apartment friendly and take less than 15 minutes to do. 

Each of these channels are a fun and unique way to spice up your daily exercise. It is also a great time to follow along with these videos from home while gyms may not be open as often as they were before the pandemic. Combining a few of these videos a day will help you take care of yourself without being too intimidated by others.

myths about gymming, women in fitness 4
Photo by CHU Gummies from Unsplash

Hello! I’m Rebecca, I’m a film production major wanting to continue the great legacy of creating creative content like movies and television shows. I enjoy painting, reading, and hanging out with my family and friends on my down time.