This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Confidence is something that many of us struggle to find. Sometimes it’s here in full force; other times it’s completely missing. Having confidence is an important part of our lives. It shapes how we make decisions, whether or not we go for the opportunities presented to us, and so much more. While confidence comes from within you, healing crystals can help you think positively, be more accepting of yourself, and radiate the bright light you have. With that being said, here are a few crystals that can help you boost your self-esteem…

Rose Quartz

What does it look like? A simple, light pink stone that connects to unconditional love and the heart chakra.

What does it do? Known as the “Self Love crystal,” Rose Quartz helps us to express and explore our emotions. It eases us into having an open heart and mind for love and compassion. This gives us the strength of our own self-love as well as the love of those around us. 

lapiz lazuli

What does it look like? A sophisticated color scheme of blues and gold.

What does it do? Lapiz Lazuli connects to the third eye chakra, which ignites our limitless intuition. It opens us up to trusting our own personal instincts and finding the answers we have hidden deep within ourselves. 

Carnelian

What does it look like? A bright red fire-like stone that is an embodiment of confidence and energy.

What does it do? The Carnelian stone is known for helping to activate your lower chakras and strengthens your foundation. It grows our passion and accelerated our sense of self. This crystal is connected to our root chakra. 

Citrine

What does it look like? This sunny yellow crystal shines with brightness and positivity for everyone to see. 

What does it do? This crystal has the ability and power to attract happiness and abundance, and it is also known as the “Lucky merchant stone.” Citrine also brings to you bright energy. 

green Aventurine

What does it look like? A lavishing, sparkling green crystal with hues of dark green.  

What does it do? This stone gives you the power of strength and the courage you have hidden away inside you. Green Aventurine was known to be the shield of Amazon warriors. It also connects to our heart chakra. 

Tigers EYE

What does it look like? This fierce and powerful stone is colored black and gold.

What does it do? The Tiger’s Eye is a crystal for helping you shake off your fears and to step out of your comfort zone. It increases your mental focus so you can thrive with confidence. 

A few other crystals that you may find helpful for other aspects of your life include Clear Quartz, Amethyst, Calcite, Amazonite, Moonstone, and Rhodonite. 

Now that we know a few of the best crystals to use for boosting our confidence and self-esteem, here are some tips on how you can put these confidence crystals to use: 

• Meditate with your crystals: Hold onto a crystal when meditating about a problem you have faced or are preparing to face. During confrontation, keeping a crystal in your hand or pocket can give your the bravery or courage you need. 
  • Wear crystal/gemstone jewelry: This will help you accelerate your personal confidence on a daily basis, and it is one of the simplest ways to reach into the power of the crystals.
  • Connect to your chakras: Place your crystal on whichever chakra you need to have cleared to reach your full confidence. Confidence can be brought down for many different reasons and finding the source can help you grow. 

Have confidence is something that many of us need to discover and enhance on our own. It will take time, effort, and work to grow in this trait, and crystals will be able to help you hone in on your skills. Remember to embrace your true self and be contagiously you! 

I’m a Junior at GCU working towards my Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education. I love learning new things and being creative 24/7. A few of my hobbies are running my small business, singing, dancing (badly), playing with my pup and enjoying the amazing people I surround myself with!