samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

As finals approach, so does the end of the year. Many of us could be thinking about changing our major. Nothing seems scarier! There are so many questions and concerns involved with making this decision. But don’t panic! 

Changing a major is a very important decision, which could benefit you in the future. A major change is a very important decision. It could help you move into a field of study that you actually enjoy. We need to work for a majority of our lives; we might as well enjoy whatever job we have! One thing that should scare you more than changing your major is knowing that you could be stuck in a job you hate for the rest of your life! 

Don’t get stuck being a nursing major if you can’t stand science. If you want to be a photographer, change your major to reflect that passion. I would encourage you to change your major sooner than later. It’s your decision to decide what you want to do with your life, which some people find scary. We have grown up having our parents and our friends hold our hands through life. Now it’s your turn to take your future into your own hands. It sounds cliche, but it’s true! 

Your major has a huge impact on your future. It will determine whom you work for, and what you do for a living. You can’t go into the medical field without a medical degree; it just doesn’t work that way! Choose your major wisely, and change your major if you feel like you need to. You won’t regret it. 

“But what about my credits?” Yes, you have taken some classes that may have been specific to your old major. But your future career is worth one or two wasted credits. Most of the time, schools are actually able to put those credits into elective slots, so they aren’t wasted. This saves both your time and your money, making switching your major even more favorable. 

Do what you want to do! Follow your dreams, and choose a major that will help you accomplish your dreams. Don’t panic about changing your major. Take a deep breath. In the end, you will thank yourself for it! 

From Boise Idaho! I love to write about anything and everything. Proud to be a GCU Lope!