Why Trisha Paytas is the Role Model We All Need

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

If you are an avid viewer of YouTube, you probably know who Trisha Paytas is. Known for her crying-on-the-kitchen-floor breakdowns, hour-long Mukbangs (eating shows, for you YouTube virgins), and car vlogs in her pink G-Wagon, Trisha was one of the very first channels emerge on YouTube. She has been posting videos almost daily, and her channel has included everything from morning routines and “Get Ready With Me” videos, to “hauls” of the products she bought herself (even candy). Though some may judge her or call her “crazy” for the crying videos she makes, or the flashy outfits she wears, Trish has done nothing but inspire me – and many others – since I discovered her channel in 2014. Here is why Trisha Paytas is the woman that all of us need to look up to.

1. She is an ambassador for body confidence.

[source]

Trish does not look like a rail-thin Victoria’s Secret angel, but she is beautiful inside and out nevertheless. Trish continues to wear the most stunning, flashy outfits (that she often has custom-made) fearlessly. She constantly tells her viewers not to care what other people think, to wear whatever they want, and not to alter their bodies for someone else. Though she has gotten a few cosmetic surgeries herself, such as liposuction and breast augmentation, Trish fully discloses that she got work done – and she is proud of it. Trish only wants her viewers to love themselves and their bodies just the way they are, and sets a perfect example by loving herself.

2. She’s the big sister we can relate to.

[source]

Most of the breakdown videos that I keep referencing are spawned by falling outs that Trish has had with a lover. As she has admitted in multiple videos that she is an extremely open person, so she usually discloses bits and pieces of her love life to her viewers. In recent years, Trish has gone through multiple heartbreaks and filmed herself talking about them, showing us her raw emotions. As women, we all have gone through some sort of heartbreak in life. To watch Trish’s personal, emotional videos and to know that we are not alone in our feelings is a relief. We know that we are not alone. She is like the big sister we all need to hold us when we cry into a pint of Ben & Jerry’s after our boyfriend of three years dumps us. 

3. We always have someone to eat with!

[source]

Recently, Trish has become wildly popular for her “Mukbang” videos – a YouTube trend that involves eating a ton of food. Trish will order a variety of foods from Postmates, a delivery service, and sit down in front of the camera to eat it all and just chat with her viewers about life. These videos are a great source of entertainment and a sense of company to have if you are eating alone.

4. She has made such a successful career for herself, by herself.

[source]

Trisha had a dream to entertain. Some of you may not know this, but she actually started her career as a stripper. She worked her way into the industry by making appearances in shows such as Modern Family, and even appeared in an Eminem music video. She has also been featured on the Ellen Show for being able to talk REALLY fast, and My Strange Addiction – to showcase her tanning addiction. All the while, Trish kept up her YouTube channel, and continued to gain popularity, especially with her candy hauls with Shane Dawson. This eventually lead her to become one of the biggest YouTube stars, with three million subscribers on her main channel and one million on her vlogging channel. Not only does Trish film videos; she also frequently releases contagiously catchy pop music. She even landed herself a spot on Celebrity Big Brother UK in 2017! Trish was so determined to become a star, and she did just that with all of her talent, hard work and determination. This should tell us to follow our dreams, no matter what.

All in all, Trisha Paytas is inspirational. We could all learn something from her and relate to her in one way or another. No matter what you may have heard about her, I strongly recommend that you check out her channels. You will not be disappointed. 

Her Campus GCSU Campus Correspondent. Senior Mass Communication major with a focus in Journalism. Cat mom, writer, avid concert-goer, iced coffee addict.