Homecoming Survival Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Homecoming Week is upon us again. This could either be the worst week of the semester or the best week of the semester, depending on your outlook. With these tips, figure out how to survive homecoming week and hopefully enjoy it, too!

1. Surviving Tabling

source

In the two weeks leading up to homecoming, every single Greek organization on campus sets up tables and huge tents to campaign for their homecoming Queen, Duchess, King and Duke candidates. They bombard passers-by with free candy and food in attempts to get you to vote for their candidate. Just walking to class can be a nightmare. But don’t worry, if you walk with your headphones in or pretend you’re on the phone, no one will bother you. You could also walk completely out of your way to get to class, which can be exhausting, but sometimes worth it.

2. Getting Your Work Done

Though homecoming events only really occur on Friday and Saturday, these two days are PACKED with events, leaving almost no time to do schoolwork. To avoid this dilemma, make sure to get all of your assignments done before the concert Friday so that you can enjoy the weekend stress-free

3. Homecoming Concert

source

It’s always nice when some cool artists visit GC to put on a show for us, but being packed into Centennial with a bunch of drunk college kids can sometimes put a damper on it. If you just focus on enjoying the music and dancing with your friends, the homecoming concert could be the highlight of your weekend – or your semester.

4. The Game

source

If you are anything like me, watching sports is not your entertainment of choice. Despite that, our school has a pretty great basketball team. Get hyped up at Tent City (if you are 21 or older), grab some friends and cheer on the Bobcats! Homecoming King, Queen, Duchess and Duke are also announced, if that gives you more incentive to go.

Her Campus GCSU Campus Correspondent. Senior Mass Communication major with a focus in Journalism. Cat mom, writer, avid concert-goer, iced coffee addict.