17 Things To Do in 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Once again it is a fresh new year, and with a new year comes new beginnings. School is starting again, and maybe you’re not all that ready to get back into the swing of things. So what do you do during your first month into the new year? Why not try one of the 17 things below, that could help you start your year off right. 

1. De-clutter your room

2. Don’t make a resolution! Make one goal, or life alteration. You’ll be more likely to stick to it! 

3. Start a book

4. Get some newfound culture in your life. 

5. Restart a hobby or activity you once loved to do

6. Watch that documentary everyone has been talking about

7. Take a walk in the park

8. Start on your taxes

9. Write a letter to an estranged loved one

10. Reconnect with an old friend

11. Adopt an animal

12. Have a photo shoot to show off the new you.

13. Stay inside and get cozy for one day a week

14. Tell someone you really dig them! 

15. Break ties with friends that won’t be good for you in 2018

16. Call your mom or dad, or anyone you haven’t spoken to in a while

17. Do a good deed

What ever you decide to do to start your year off right, I hope that it is stress free and fun. Happy New Year Bobcats, and good luck this semester! 

All image sources are from giphy.com. 

Mariah is a senior psychology major, who has aspirations to work in the library science field. She enjoys listening to music and making playlists, playing board games, and crafting. She enjoys writing for Her Campus because it gives her the chance to share unconventional articles that would otherwise not be published, while at the same time promoting female empowerment.