Style

Stores Worth Visiting on Black Friday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Furman chapter.

Black Friday is either a person’s favorite holiday or a day from hell. In either case, it is worth knowing which stores have deals worth the hassle of Black Friday shopping. It is important to have a game plan going into a mall on Black Friday, and these stores will be great additions to your list!

(Photo Courtesy of Express)

Express is a great store with quality clothing for a fair price. You can find anything from sexy ‘going out’ clothes to business casual outfits. Express often has good deals, but their Black Friday deal of 50% is especially thrifty. Right now they have some great party outfits for the coming holidays and New Years!

(Photo Courtesy of American Eagle)

American Eagle is a store everyone loves, especially for jeans! Now is a great time to shop there because of this 40% off deal. American Eagle’s clothes are high quality and super cute! They also have great chunky sweaters that are super on trend right now!   

(Photo Courtesy of Victoria’s Secret)

Everyone loves Victoria’s Secret. They have the nicest lingerie, bras, and underwear, but the prices can definitely cause sticker shock. Black Friday is absolutely the time to shop at Victoria’s Secret. Take advantage of the sales and free swag!

(Photo Courtesy of Ulta)

Makeup almost never goes on sale, but out of all of the cosmetics stores, Ulta has the best sales by far. On Black Friday, they will have big name brands on sale like Anastasia Beverly Hills, Tarte, Urban Decay, and Smashbox. There are rarely sales on these brands, so now is the time to shop!

(Photo Courtesy of Wallet Hub)

If you are a serious bargain hunter, Wallet Hub did some interesting research on the absolute BEST stores for Black Friday deals. They scanned through thousands of stores’ Black Friday discounts, and Belk came in first place with the highest average percentage discount in 2018!

Hopefully this information will help you create your game plan for Black Friday, and get you the best deals possible! Good luck out there shoppers, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Hannah Tyson is a junior business administration major and a writer for Her Campus Furman. She is addicted to makeup and hopes to one day work in the cosmetics industry. She started her own beauty blog in 2017 and that’s what lead her to writing for Her Campus Furman! Her favorite dessert is creme brûlée, Kylie Jenner is her idol, she owns exactly 20 eyeshadow palettes, and she has dyed her hair every color from platinum to black to grey!
Mackenzie Smith is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at Furman University. She is a senior majoring in Public Health with a minor in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. Mackenzie has a passion for making sure women feel empowered and important throughout all stages of life which can be seen through her work with Girlology and The Homeless Period Project.