We Asked 15 Guys What they ‘Really’ Want for Valentine’s Day

For the most part, we all know that our guys put up with the hearts and flowers on Valentine’s Day for one reason: sex. They take us to a nice dinner or a movie, buy us the flowers and chocolates but as soon as their job is over, girls are expected to do their part. Valentine’s Day is almost like a formula, and we all know how it works. In an effort to see if it really is all about sex for they guys, we asked around a bit. We asked fifteen guys, “Besides sex, what do you want for Valentine’s Day?” You would be surprised to find that many guys actually want to spend time with their special someone. Some answers, however, were also exactly what you would expect.

Out of fifteen guys, half of them are okay with going to dinner! They want the “companionship” and “good conversation.” One guy so honestly told us, however, we, “pretty much took away [his] only option.” He then told us that he would also settle for seeing a movie and having a nice dinner with someone close. A few of the guys asked for practical gifts on Valentine’s Day, such as candy, beer or “like a new hat or something I use a lot.” The cutest responses included a “picture frame that I could remember my girlfriend by when I look at it” and “to take a girl out to dinner and give her the Valentine’s Day she absolutely deserves, and to treat her like the beautiful woman she is.” Crying.

Not all boys have a romantic side, and even those who do, seem to have priorities. Many of the guys’ first answer was a blowjob, even the ones who had something sweet to say afterwards. One guy even went as far as to say they wanted a threesome! Several of the guys also said they don’t even like Valentine’s Day and it’s only for the girls. As one pointed out, though, it all “depends on the guy.” The best thing to do is to simply find out what your man wants and make Valentine’s Day enjoyable for him, too.

Writer & editor. Pursuing dreams. Editing, Writing and Media and Mass Media Communications double major.
Her Campus at Florida State University.