The Top 5 Podcasts To Look Out for in 2024

New and trendy podcasts have already been hitting the charts in 2024 as podcasts are in! From lifestyle to comedy, there’s a podcast for everyone. The next time you’re walking to class, driving to work, or relaxing in bed, listen to one of these five podcasts and see what all the hype is about. 

1. Jake Shane’s Therapuss

Looking for a good laugh? TikTok influencer Jake Shane is known for his comedic skits, and now he has his very own comedic podcast called Therapuss. These short 30-minute episodes are perfect to listen to on a busy day. Shane also offers helpful advice to his listeners. Therapuss creates a unique twist by ending each piece of advice with a “prescription,” which ranges from a 2000s breakup song to a specific episode of Gossip Girl. Some Therapuss episodes also feature guest stars, including the favorable rising pop star Tate McRae. 

2. Alix Earle’s Hot Mess

Most know Alix Earle for her famous “Get Ready with Me” TikToks and storytimes. Now, she has created the podcast to listen to while getting ready for the day. Earle covers a variety of different hot topics in her podcast Hot Mess. She shares relatable advice and support for her young adult audience through personal stories and topics like anxiety and friendship breakups. She also hopes to begin sharing the process of starting her new brand on her podcast.

Earle also features some of her best friends and her NFL boyfriend on occasion. In my opinion, she makes her podcast feel like a conversation with a best friend or big sister. Put on your headphones and get ready to listen to the wildest podcast of 2024. Hot Mess by Alix Earle is it this year with a perfect podcast episode for everyone. 

3. Vivian Tu’s Networth and Chill with Your Rich BFF

This year, Vivian Tu’s trending educational podcast has climbed the Spotify and Apply Music charts due to its finance-focused advice! Networth and Chill with Your Rich BFF offers a refreshing take on finances through advice on money management, budgeting, and starting a business. 

Tu introduces many guest speakers who specialize in a specific finance field on the podcast. Her ability to communicate clearly to younger generations allows her to offer financial guidance to working families and college students. Tu’s rising podcast has become a popular resource for many college students looking for financial guidance in 2024.

4. LEXI HIDALGO’S MOMENTS PODCAST

“Hello, beautiful people” is the phrase frequently used by Lexi Hidalgo, the girl that people refer to as “human sunshine” on TikTok. From sunrise vlogs to coffee talks, Hidalgo is the 2024 golden girl with her podcast Moments Podcast

In each episode of Moments Podcast, Hidalgo highlights the many feelings we as human beings experience in our day-to-day lives. Her positivity creates comfort for her many listeners, making her podcast one of the top trending self-help podcasts on the charts. 

Hidalgo emphasizes the importance of finding positivity in the little and big moments in life while inspiring her listeners to do the same. If you follow Hidalgo on social media, you probably know that her Moments Podcast has been around for a while. However, after her recent “revamp,” the podcast has once again gained popularity from its Gen Z audience. 

5. Trisha Paytas’ Just Trish

The influencer Trisha Paytas has lived many lives as a reality TV star, singer/songwriter, and podcaster. Her new podcast, Just Trish, has gained popularity among lovers of TikTok drama and influencer scandals. One thing about Paytas is that she will say what she thinks without holding back, causing her to be considered “one of the most controversial online personalities”. Her use of modern Gen Z language and comedy appeals to her younger audience. Just Trish is an easy listen that has gained popularity while the Gen Z drama continues.

Happy listening!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

My name is Meghan Hunt, and I am a sophomore at Florida State University studying Environmental Science with a double major in Biology. This is my first semester writing for Her Campus, and I am so excited! If I'm not writing or studying, you can find me at practice with the FSU Flying High Circus, at the beach, or a local coffee shop drinking a chai latte.