Three St. Patrick’s Day Desserts You Have To Try This Year

What’s a holiday celebration without memorable desserts? Here’s a list of a few St. Patrick’s Day treats you need to make this holiday season!

1. White Chocolate Lucky Charms Cookies

The first St. Patrick’s Day dessert you need to try is the White Chocolate Lucky Charms Cookies. These colorful cookies will catch everyone’s eye at your celebration and their marshmallow and lucky charms flavor will certainly make them unforgettable. The ingredients you will need to make these are:

• 2 ½ cups of Lucky Charms cereal, no marshmallows 84g
  • 1 cup butter 2 sticks, room temperature
  • 1 cup of granulated sugar 200g 
  • ¾ cup brown sugar 127g
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour 250g
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup of marshmallows from cereal 36g
  • ½ cup of white chocolate chips
  • ½ cup Lucky charms cereal 17g

Here are the instructions to make these cookies: 

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line all baking sheets with parchment paper. 

2. In a food processor, process two and a half cups of the cereal without marshmallows until it becomes a fine powder. 

3. In a mixer, beat butter and sugar on high until smooth and fluffy for around two to three minutes. Add the eggs and beat until fully combined. 

4. Add the cereal powder, flour, baking soda and salt, and then mix on low-medium speed until completely combined. Stir in marshmallows, white chocolate chips and an additional half  cup of cereal. 

5. Roll into balls using around one tablespoon of dough each, and then place on a baking sheet two inches apart. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for seven to eight minutes, until it’s mostly dry on top and slightly puffed. Let them cool and enjoy!

2. Homemade Shamrock Shake

Shamrockshake
Alex Frank / Spoon
The second dessert you need to try is a homemade Shamrock Shake, which is a replica of McDonald’s popular shake created just for St. Patrick’s Day. The ingredients you will need to make this shake are: 

• 3 large scoops of vanilla ice cream 
  • 1/4 cup of heavy cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract
  • 6 drops green food coloring
  • Whipped cream as a topping
  • Maraschino cherry as a topping

The Directions to make the Shamrock Shake are to mix vanilla ice cream, heavy cream, peppermint extract and food coloring in a blender until completely smooth. After blending all of the ingredients together, top the shake off with whipped cream and a cherry or any toppings of your choice before serving. 

3. St. Patrick’s Day Brownie Trifle

The third dessert you should attempt to make this St. Patrick’s Day is this brownie trifle, which looks and tastes amazing. The ingredients you will need are:

• 1 package of brownie mix 
  • 1 box of vanilla pudding
  • 1 container of Cool Whip
  • Green food coloring
  • 1 package of Mint Oreos crushed

Since this dessert is a trifle after all the ingredients are baked and added into the bowl, there is no additional baking; only putting together the trifle. In order to make the trifle, layer cut-up brownies, add a layer of pudding, then a layer of cool whip and repeat this pattern. Once the majority of the bowl is filled up on top, add a layer of crushed Oreos and place it in the refrigerator until serving.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, TwitterTikTokYoutube and Pinterest!

Meagan is a student at Florida State University located in Tallahassee, Florida. She's a second-year staff writer for Her Campus and is double majoring in Marketing & Management Information Systems. In her spare time she enjoys reading, acai bowls, and finding new workouts!
Her Campus at Florida State University.