andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

These Summer Essentials Will Ensure That Your Vacay is a Breeze

This is a dedicated feature. All opinions are 100% our own.

We’ve gotten to enjoy a beautiful handful of real spring days, but summer is now officially en route complete with its trademark humidity and merciless heat. We’re all impatiently counting down the seconds to longer days, sun-kissed skin, blindingly blue skies and bikini dress codes. Before we fall too far into that tempting heat-induced summer daze, we must prepare ourselves with all of the essentials needed to survive the highs and lows of our well-deserved vacay from the depths of the school library. The 2018 Her Campus Summer Survival Kit has everything we need to navigate any summertime pursuit that’s in store.

Buxom Cosmetics:

For the perfect bold lip, Full-On™ Lip Polish in the shade Dolly is the go-to summer shade for all. Not only does it plump your lips with a tingling sensation, but it also adds just the right amount of sexy shimmer to your smirk. Vitamins A and E work to moisturize and pamper your pout. Buxom Cosmetics is offering students 20% OFF your entire purchase at www.buxomcosmetics.com, valid 4/9 – 5/31. Use code HERCAMPUS at checkout! 

Freeman Beauty:

After long hours in the sweltering sun, it’s important to give your face a refresher. Freeman Beauty’s Feeling Beautiful™ Clearing Sweet Tea + Lemon Peel-Off Mask cleanses and absorbs oil which is quite useful after spending an afternoon coated in sunscreen and tanning oil. On the other hand, the Freeman Beauty Feeling Beautiful™ Polishing Charcoal + Black Sugar Gel Mask + Scrub works to purify and detox your skin without drying it out and it leaves your face feeling velvety soft.

Schick Quattro YOU™:

Obviously, some of you will be doing a bit of traveling this summer vacation whether it is for a killer internship, studying abroad or just pleasure. This means that you’ll need plenty of disposable razors to toss in your suitcases. Schick Quattro YOU™ four blade razors offer a super close shave that will allow you to skip a few days, which is necessary between afternoons spent at the beach and evenings spent on lengthy plane rides! These razors are cute and colorful and they’re scented with Exotic Violet Blooms fragrance.

Schick Silk Touch Up:

If you’re anything like us, you probably trust your eyebrow lady with your life. With that being said while you’re away from home and can’t get your brows shaped by your closest confidant, try a Schick Silk Touch Up Razor to expertly sculpt your eyebrows and to remove any pesky stray hairs in the area. These razors exfoliate and give you the power to look great on the go without the hassle of having to cheat on your eyebrow lady. 

Skintimate®:

You’re probably planning to be bikini-clad about 95% of the summer, which means that you’ll need a quality shaving cream to keep your legs looking and feeling smooth. The Skintimate® 2-in-1 Shave Cream & Skin Conditioner provides the best of both worlds with its lotion-like consistency that allows you to shave and condition your legs all in one simple step! It’s available in Coconut Silk and Delicate Water Lily; both will leave your legs looking silky and moisturized for 24 hours. 

Krazy Glue:

Shades are an essential accessory to complete your outfit and to protect your eyes from the summer sun, but there’s nothing worse than breaking your sunglasses while out and about. Talk about a summer bummer. Krazy Glue All Purpose Singles are the quick fix that will make all of your problems disappear in a mirage-like fashion. Simply press, hold and continue on with your day! It’s the perfect hack for lazy girls everywhere. 

Bed Head by TIGI:

It’s no secret that summer in Florida wields some major humidity and extreme temperatures that are sure to make your scalp sweat. Bed Head by TIGI’s Oh Be Hive Dry Shampoo will shower your locks in an ultra-fine powder that absorbs excess oils and leaves hair feeling and looking effortlessly voluminous. After spending hours in a chlorinated pool, use Bed Head by TIGI’s Beach Freak Moisturizing Detangler Spray to moisturize, lubricate and soften your dried out strands. Finally, to add shine, control frizz and achieve some seriously seafaring beach waves, try out the Beach Me Wave Defining Gel Mist. Additionally, Bed Head by TIGI is offering Her Campus readers $5 off any qualifying $20 TIGI purchase on Ulta.com with coupon code TIGIFIVE.

Once you’ve picked up all of the summer essentials, toss them in one of the adorable zip-bags pictured below. You’re sure to find one that describes you perfectly! 

All photos courtesy of Tawnie Simpson

Tawnie Simpson is a Senior Editing, Writing, and Media student at Florida State University. She enjoys (needs) a good cup of cold brew, she comes from a small town nobody knows called "about an hour south of Tampa" and she is often mistaken for 10-year-old Lindsay Lohan, but she's not complaining.
Her Campus at Florida State University.