It’s been three and a half years. Three and a half years of garnet and gold, three and a half years of endless assignments and exams, three and a half years of amazing professors and friends. Three and a half years of memories that will last a lifetime. As a graduating senior moving on to the next chapter, Florida State University will forever be a part of me – a part of my heart and my identity.

As I move on to the next chapter of my life, I want to take the time to thank Florida State University for the endless opportunities and chapters in my life. I want to thank Florida State University for becoming a part of me, for shaping me into the person that I am.

Courtesy: Krysten Brenlla

Thank you, Florida State University, for helping me discover my true passion – writing! As an Exploratory major freshman year, I was always confused as to what I wanted to pursue for the rest of my life. How did everyone come into college already ready to tackle the next chapter when they haven’t even surpassed this one? Florida State University helped me choose the correct path for me by offering me a variety of different classes to take, diverse careers to pursue and various paths to cross. Ultimately, FSU helped me discover who I was truly meant to be.

Thank you, Florida State University, for showing me how important it is to have fun. As a ‘Nole, we do love to hit the books – but we also know when to take a break! Exploring the city of Tallahassee and experiencing fond memories like dorm life, Doak Campbell Stadium and – who doesn’t love this – free food on campus is one of the reasons why I bleed garnet and gold.

Courtesy: Krysten Brenlla

Thank you, Florida State University, for opening up my mind. As an Editing, Writing and Media major at FSU, I’ve experienced many classes where we discussed critical societal issues like race, women’s issues, equality and the Western canon – yes, there are multicultural writers that exist in this world! Discussing these significant issues has expanded my intellect and opened up my mind to understand everyone’s perspective so I can form my own opinion and argument.

Thank you, Florida State University, for teaching me how to be independent. Before moving to Florida State University, I had been sheltered all my life – I barely knew how to separate my laundry! But after three and a half years of fending for myself, I learned how to cook, clean, time manage and ultimately – yes, you guessed it – do my laundry.

Thank you, Florida State University, for introducing me to some of the best people in my life. Florida State University has introduced me to some of the most genuine, diverse and FRIENDS-material people that I’ve ever encountered – and I never would’ve met them if it wasn’t for Florida State! Thank you for introducing me to such a diverse and significant group of people, people that I’ll bond with forever.

And finally, thank you Florida State University for being a part of me. I always dreamed of bleeding garnet and gold, ever since I was in high school I knew I wanted to become a Seminole. The deep red, beautiful brick architecture and college lifestyle always called my name – I knew I needed to do whatever it took to proudly bear the name of a Florida State Seminole.

Now that my time at Florida State University is coming to a close, the memories and experiences I’ve made in Tallahassee will never escape me. I will forever bleed garnet and gold, wave my arm back and forth like a true Nole, scream the war chant, hate the Gators (only at football games) and always rise to the top like a true Seminole.

Courtesy: Kevin Zhou

Thank you, Florida State University, for becoming a part of me.

Hi! My name is Krysten Brenlla, an FSU senior double majoring in Public Relations & Editing Writing & Media, from beautiful Miami, Florida. I'm an aspiring Integrated Marketing guru, with a passion for movies, television shows, mystery books (Agatha Christie all the way) and finally, writing!
Her Campus at Florida State University.